Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

ever heard of these?
« on: November 29, 2007, 11:24:10 pm »
i've been asked to price for a maintenance company and with the details they included a price i should aim towards ???

any way they've asked me to clean diffusurs/glass inside and out. any idea what these are?

thanks jon.

also what are your experiences with dealing with these companies
thanks again

Ian Lancaster

Re: ever heard of these?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 04:57:38 pm »
If you knocked on a house door, and the owner said "I don't want to pay more than £5" would you give it the time of day?

A customer like this is going to be trouble.  Same with the property maintenance people - they do the profitable bits, but don't want to know about the window cleaning, but at the same time they've already given an "all inclusive" quote, so your price has got to fit in with the pittance that's left after they've had their share.

If you want to work for the minimum rate (if you're lucky, and graft like a lunatic navvy) then wait 6 months for your money, provided they don't withold on some quality pretext, then go for it.

As to what "diffusers" are, have you ever seen those lozenge shaped thing they set in the pavement to give light to cellars beneath?  Well, that's one type.

Mike_G

Re: ever heard of these?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 05:09:50 pm »
What company is it? I do some work for companies that tell me the price before I look at the work and most of it is well priced. I expect the price they want you to get near is flexible and at least they are giving you a starting point. Have a look at it and if you cant do it for the money they are paying, ask for want you think it should be and then they can either say yeah or neah.