Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WHAT IS THE BEST WFP BRUSH
« on: November 27, 2007, 05:16:01 pm »
HI ALL,

What is the best all round wfp brush, please say why if repying so it helps  ;)

Dean Aspects

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST WFP BRUSH
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 05:27:03 pm »
I have only used a couple of brushes so can only comment on them
Vikan recangular flocked nice stiff brush is a good all rounder does many jobs maybe a little heavy if not upright
Cleantechs own brand flocked a little soft but quite a nice brush

As i say not tried many brushes but i like what i have

Dean

NWH

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 05:33:04 pm »
Ionic double trim but i`m not on about the multipole brush i mean the 1 that is a replacment and goes on there higher poles 12-18" double trim converted for standard pole thread and re-jetted with 2mm jets,the main thing is bristles and lots of them if you look at a brush in say B&Q or asda the bristles are minimal compared to the above brush i`m on about,The more bristles the better in a brush but more importantly it`s the bend of them,to soft is no good and to stiff is no good your looking for an average splay on the glass with the brush still keeping it`s shape,by this i mean the brush not pushing flat on the glass square in shape and able to cut into the corners,at the end of the day most flocked brushes are mostly the same in performance where`s with monos you can get a good one and an awfull one,the new multipole ionic brush is also a very good brush and is exellent for rinsing on the glass but when you use it you can tell it was designed for being used with hot water as it`s overley stiff and requires hot water to soften the bristles slightly,i`ve used almost every brush on the market you name it DIY all major names and this is the opinion i`ve come to.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:42:47 pm »
Ionic double trim but i`m not on about the multipole brush i mean the 1 that is a replacment and goes on there higher poles 12-18" double trim converted for standard pole thread and re-jetted with 2mm jets,the main thing is bristles and lots of them if you look at a brush in say B&Q or asda the bristles are minimal compared to the above brush i`m on about,The more bristles the better in a brush but more importantly it`s the bend of them,to soft is no good and to stiff is no good your looking for an average splay on the glass with the brush still keeping it`s shape,by this i mean the brush not pushing flat on the glass square in shape and able to cut into the corners,at the end of the day most flocked brushes are mostly the same in performance where`s with monos you can get a good one and an awfull one,the new multipole ionic brush is also a very good brush and is exellent for rinsing on the glass but when you use it you can tell it was designed for being used with hot water as it`s overley stiff and requires hot water to soften the bristles slightly,i`ve used almost every brush on the market you name it DIY all major names and this is the opinion i`ve come to.

Is this the brush you are talking about?

http://www.acejanitorial.co.uk/products/8/window-cleaning/63/reach-wash-water-fed-pole-systems

Simon.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 06:50:49 pm »
Yes.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:53:23 pm »
I for one am not impressed with Ionics new (hot use) commercial brush head. It's too stiff and is very hard work removing stubborn, baked on birds mess. Their old commercial brush may have gone out of shape with time but at least it would remove birds mess easily. If I had to chose between their old and new version, I'd rather have the old one anyday but thankfully I use Tucker brushes most of the time.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 10:08:41 pm »
Yes.

The picture of the brush on the website mentioned earlier looks like it might be crinkle monofilament, not sure it might just be my eyes.  Is it crinkle or straight?

Simon.

colley614

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 10:14:47 pm »
the BEST pole I've ever used is the 30' universal. I scratch it and bang it, knock it and scrape it and it still doesn't look any worse  :P

steve m

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 10:37:47 pm »
the two brushes I keep going back to are the vikan rectangular and the yellow mono - haired brush from cleantech

NWH

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 10:40:15 pm »
The yellow cleantech brush i use on all my downstairs work.

steve m

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 10:48:19 pm »
tried the new ionics double trim brush.personally I found it crap, but thats just me

ian m

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 09:03:31 am »
Ive been using the 15" salmon from peterf's autobrush.

Ive used the ionics d trim, the vikan flocked and the vikan mono filament

But the salmon is the one for me, its relatively light, gets rid of all the baked on stuff, and is still going after 18 months, --- not bad for a brush.

It is a bit out of shape but still does the job.   :)

Ian
I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

Jeff Brimble

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST WFP BRUSH New
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 01:55:15 pm »
From the replies so far, it looks like there is no "best " brush. We all have different situations. eg. domestic 6"- 10-12", for  commercial 16", and  occasional times when I need wished I had an 18" which isnt yet made ? 

I have a monofilament for glass only, a flocked for plastics and frames, one for georgians and one for conservatory roofs.

For my use they all have to swivel. Coming soon a 360 degree swivel. And being lazy I do like the sound of Jouks powered brush. 

Tucker and - Vikan (car brushes) seem to offer more brush solutions than any other make but I found them too heavy. Brushes for initial cleans need more scrub power.
As I never found my ideal manuf. I have had to resort to buying basic floor brushes and jetting them myself.
Good luck finding your best brush Window Washers, let us know when you do.