Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kev R

Re: How much?
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 06:14:21 am »
Kev

I cant understand what parts your are showing.(i do a lot of similar buildings)

Your first picture shows 2 rows of stairwell glass, you say not the large left hand one, but, your side picture is of the one you say is not included. Then you say the back is same as the side ,which it cant be, otherwise there would be another complete stairwell.

I think you have got your pictures & info mixed up.

Also Alan Wilson is very correct in his pricing for these buildings, i am of a very similar price if the info was correct. Some prices on here are ridiculous, if true then i better start travelling to richer areas.

By me they could be done for as low as £20 - £25. I am not joking, i am looked on to be to dear compared to some, One company i tendered against at 25p per window to see what happened & guess what i didnt get any.

Gary

Thanks Gary, you are correct about the stairway and I have modified my text.

To be honest at 25p per window I wouldn't want the work as domestic would be more lucrative, easier to secure, easier to service, easier to keep.

Thanks for your advise

Kevin

gary evans

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 01:51:20 pm »
Thought so kev.

I would charge £40.00 ext. &£55.00 int this approx. £95 - £100

The stairs are of ladders or extending poles, & time for secondary glazing would have to be properly accounted for.

Gary

Richy L

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 02:24:06 pm »
prices obviously vary throughout the country and I have a similar price to Ian Giles and we work in the same area, so thats probably why. I would chatge more than normal though due to the traveling involved.

I wouldnt travel a 1 hour round trip for a £45 job. especially if its only quarterly

alanwilson

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 05:39:50 pm »
just to clarify my position, firstly I didn't see the bit about double paned interior glass - obviously that would be a considerable extra.

Some of the quoted prices are pretty outrageous though - fair enough if you can get it but at the same time its not rocket science or brain surgery.  As for it being a 30min drive, why not canvass the area a little?  Another 1 or 2 hrs work in the area will make all the difference.

The way I see it, I can work hard, make good money and not worry about losing the job or I can go in high, make the money quicker but risk losing the job.

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

NWH

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 06:04:33 pm »
I see exactly where your coming from Alan but your still to cheap,i reckon you could double your price and not lose any sleep.

alanwilson

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 06:11:33 pm »
well as I said before I have seen quotes for the premises from other wcs and they were cheaper, the businesses have all stayed with me as I'm fully insured unlike the others.  Another point that is p-ing me off is the number of unlicensed wcs trying to move in, its something that does work but needs more enforcement
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

macmac

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 11:30:43 pm »
My own price would be somewhere around £40-45 for the outside, and only that because I am WFP.

Imagine you are still working off ladders and price accordingly.

Ian giles, are you drunk? :D

tony

Ian_Giles

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 06:34:35 am »
My own price would be somewhere around £40-45 for the outside, and only that because I am WFP.

Imagine you are still working off ladders and price accordingly.

Ian giles, are you drunk? :D

tony

Drunk??
Don't follow you??
At £45.00 on a repeat clean for the outside that would be no more than 30 minutes work at the very most.
If you are WFP, then if you price work at the same rate as you would have done were you still using ladders for window cleaning then you are going to earn decent money.
If you price it by the TIME you think it will take, your mindset will still be that of labour only, you will instinctively price your labour at a similar rate as you would off ladders, and as you will be at the very least 2 to 3 times faster using WFP on a job like this, your price for the outside will be incredibly cheap!
And being as your running costs and initial investment is way, way higher for WFP, you are going to be earning (in real terms) less than you were off ladders!!

Which is why I say to try and price the job as if you were still using ladders....though if I was still using ladders, I would admittedly be more expensive than than £45.00.

But if I can work at a minimum of a pound per minute worked I know I am doing ok.

I wouldn't mind traveling 30 minutes each way to earn £120 (job total (ish)) if I know that the job itself is going to take no more than two, maybe two and a half hours.

Today I have a very similar thing myself, quite a lot of driving actually.

First job, £55 = 25 minute journey.
2nd job, £15, heading back towards home...15 minutes from the 1st job and £15.
3rd job, another 15 minute journey, again, back towards home. £35.00.
Job 4 a mile or so from job 3...£30.
Next house a mile and a half journey = £30.
Last job of the day, got to get there for about 1pm...a 30 minute journey AWAY from home and £120. It should take me about 2 hours (I hope!!) and hopefully home by 4ish.

total time away from home, about 9 hours, but I will have at least a 30 minute break along the way somewhere.

But you do the sums, that's a lot of driving, but it is a good turnover in anyones book........apart from JD's of course ;D 

Just gone 6.30am, time I was on my way ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

macmac

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 05:08:57 pm »
No, you missed my point
You say you only charge 45 because you are wfp but then advise to price up as if using ladders. just thought it was a bit of a contradiction. ;)

tony

NWH

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 09:05:12 pm »
Do it off of a ladder and then lets see some of these prices change,some people are going back on there advise going in cheap cos they know it`s easier with the pole,if you want to earn with the pole it must be priced trad.

jdemarco

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 09:27:21 pm »
Do it off of a ladder and then lets see some of these prices change,some people are going back on there advise going in cheap cos they know it`s easier with the pole,if you want to earn with the pole it must be priced trad.
I agree with this, the only time i price different is if they want frames each month aswell. i will always try double the price but if they dont want to know then ill stretch to a clean and half cos doing frames wfp is alot easier and quicker. i clean a similar business premises to this but i just do the outsides every month and i priced that really well at 120 pounds and its done with 2 people in 30 mins...i was lucky with this one. wish all my prices were this good.