Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Hot Stretchy Hose And Soft Brushes
« on: November 08, 2007, 09:22:06 pm »
I'm just getting used to this Hot system and wondered what is the best Hose to use?
I use mini bore and it it is very soft and elastic hot. Will it tear and hole easier now? Would micro bore be worse? What do the brand leaders concepto2 and thermo pure use?

I have Vikan flocked brushes which are soft anyway, but with heat they are softer. I think I need a harder bristle, again what do others with a hot system use? My Vikan Mono was better but that has pencils and I prefer the fans. I won't even bother with the bentley.
Any input greatly appreciated from either reds or blues.

Count Phil

Re: Hot Stretchy Hose And Soft Brushes
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 09:50:40 pm »
Just a thought, ionics recently brought out a new brush for hot water, which doesn't curl up. They also stock a different thermo hose. It is full size though. I would wait and see if your current hose stands up to it.

I recently bought an addis yard brush, same as normal house brush but a bit too stiff. At 4 quid it might be worth trying if it softens up with the hot as its very light.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 09:53:49 pm »
I'm just getting used to this Hot system and wondered what is the best Hose to use?
I use mini bore and it it is very soft and elastic hot. Will it tear and hole easier now? Would micro bore be worse? What do the brand leaders concepto2 and thermo pure use?

I have Vikan flocked brushes which are soft anyway, but with heat they are softer. I think I need a harder bristle, again what do others with a hot system use? My Vikan Mono was better but that has pencils and I prefer the fans. I won't even bother with the bentley.
Any input greatly appreciated from either reds or blues.
from what I saw of concept 20 it is normal size hose pipe, have to add that it is imported and not available in b&Q

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 10:36:13 pm »

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 10:46:37 pm »
Thanks Jeff.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 11:52:52 pm »
I use warm water most of the time with minibore hose. I've had it about 18months and it doesn't leak anywhere but it has expanded in size from 8mm internally to probably about 10mm, (nice and supple though and kinks far less than cold minibore during the winter). I use Tucker brushes most of the time as they are ideal with cold or hot water and doesn't go too soft.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 06:28:05 am »
maybe try the B&Q micro irrigation stuff its cheap not layered and cannot seperate.....or the original minibore raindrip pvc hose.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 08:44:55 am »
Go into your local Pirtek and let them look at it. If they have anyone worthwhile they will find you the right solution.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 11:00:17 am »
why dont you just order some off Ionics or Concept 20 instead! I was speaking to the owner of Concept 20 and she was saying that she had found it very hard to get a suitable hose for hot water in this country, and I think she said they get it from Italy, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 11:07:58 am »
Piretek didnt have what I wanted last time I looked.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 11:18:07 am »
I find pirtek excellent. Most hoses are not made in this country anyway. I find that when I want something specific although they dont have it in stock they will source it for me and cheaper than you will pay from other people like ionics.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire