Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Helen

Re: need speak to someone whos customers pay by internet banking
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 03:13:50 pm »
with our business account there is no charge at all for internet transactions, hence why we are coaxing as many as possible to go over to this payment method. For the person who mentioned getting mobile numbers for chasing purposes, why not do it as we do. If a customer wants to pay on line, get them to e-mail you with their name and full adddress requesting on line payment details.  You then e-mail the details back, we ask for reference of surname, house name/number and street. They set up details, they pay, you see it and up date your records. IF they are late paying, you can then e-mail them to remind them. To be honest though you should be getting phone contact details from customers when you first quote them ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 04:26:10 pm »
I've got online payment on my website (www.avondhucleaning.com) using paypal. I know paypal take a percentage,.. but it's so small, and you save so much time collecting that it's worth every penny.
I still have far more pay by cheque than by internet,.. but it is slowly catching on.
I set it up with 2 additional info fields the custie has to fill in when making payment, (1) Daytime phone number, and (2) a Ticket number.
On all my "Windows cleaned" tickets I write a unique number (And I use carbon paper to make a copy for my records),.. its an 8 digit number, the first 2 digits is the amount of tickets given out that day so far, and the rest is the date, so my first ticket today would be 01281007,.. it looks good, and helps keeping track of them.
If no one is home, I put a ticket through the door AND an envelope (No stamp) so they have the choice to pay by internet or cheque.
I still prefer to get the cash if they're home,.. but collecting is just way too time consuming!

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 07:01:06 pm »
I prefere IBT payments ,one of my customers that normally pays this way sent me funds today and she was only cleaned this morning .... hows that for instant bank transfer eh?

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 10:47:54 pm »
Hi All,

Just wanted to say that Online Banking Payments has proved to be quite popular with some of my customers.  Mainly those busy customers who were always "forgetting" to send a cheque. Sorted out quite a few Late payers ;) ;)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Ian_Giles

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 06:19:33 am »
All bar about a dozen pay me via internet banking...I have no problems other than the same 'few' who always pay late...

When the customer makes the transaction, they also put their postcode & house number in the comments field...

As of yet have not had any problems with this style of payment...

I like the idea of that but is there a charge for each transaction & if there is what's the charge.

Macc
I think it works out about 50p unless it is a bigger amount than £10 then it is roughly 30p then 3 %, you could offset this by charging 50p to take this payment method (just like companies do when you pay with credit card they charge a small %

Bank transfer cost me nothing at all, would make my blood boil if I had to be pay for an automated computer subroutine that costs the bank absolutely nothing!

Banks so annoy me  >:( >:( I can understand that there is a cost involved with cheques, they have to be collected a couple of times a day and taken by courier to a clearing house.
But credit transfer is totally automated, there is less work involved for the bank than even paying in cash to a teller!!
If your bank tries to charge you for this kind of payment, take your business elsewhere...

I've found that this kind of payment is becoming more and more popular, easier and cheaper for the customer (no stamp)....

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES