Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

how long
« on: November 04, 2007, 06:50:05 pm »
how long dose it take to charge an 85 amp per hour lesure battery at 4amp tricle charge any one know how long i need to charge it for dont want it running out now

Jon-scwindows

Re: how long
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 07:32:39 pm »
85000 mah % 4000 mah trickle charging will fully charge after 25.5 hours but with a 20% efficiency loss.  Any where between 21.5-25.5 hours will fully charge it.
Do not leave it charging longer than this.

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 07:36:33 pm »
thanks jonrob

m.b.s.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 07:39:43 pm »
so how long will it last before i need to recharge using it for 8hr work days it will not be constant 8hrs starting and stoping alot

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 07:59:25 pm »
yes remember thats if the battery is fully discharged. You can get a digital charger which tells you exactly how much Mah has gone into the battery, and will stop when after automatically trickle charging when fully charged. But with some 'normal chargers' they stop charging when you decide to unplug them, if its almost dead/hardly powers your pump/s then i would charge for 19-20 hours, or there is some charge left in it and it still powers the pumps fine, but has been in use for a while, then about 15-17 hours. It depends- digital chargers work much better, and can discharge the battery before charging.

your charger is probably an on off one which charges, but you have to turn it off? or might have some leds to show something. but if you were going to use that i would say after 8 hour working day it probably gets about 5-6 hours use, so would charge for about 4-6 hours before using it again

i would suggest one of these quite cheap but automatically charges so you dont have to worry about turning it off.:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sealey-Autocharge12-Electronic-Battery-Charger-6V-12V_W0QQitemZ130168043342QQihZ003QQcategoryZ30928QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

however i use a Pro peak prodigy 2 charger connected to a seperate 12v power supply and this tells me exactly how much its been charged, and does any kind of battery, and charges upto 5ah, and has a digital display, and turns charging off when its finished. i also have on of these in my car, connected to the cig socket, and i can easily turn it on and off and simply plug it into my trolley, charges automatically, each time i go to different customers. About £40.

brightnclean

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 08:02:29 pm »
Charge it up every night.

Deep cycle batteries don't like being discharged too much. E.G. If u let it run flat u may not be able to get it to charge up again. Even if u can it will NOT ever take a full charge again.