Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Hot Marketing
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2007, 07:19:41 pm »
not getting into this anymore as I will start to upset people with frank comments.

as i read the subject hot marketing I am adding this:

enter your company in a comp for a free website look for the posting all you have to do is add a couple of images, you dont have to be the best, but you do have to add why you should have the free site.

this is completely free so take a chance you may just win  ;)

Davo

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2007, 07:20:05 pm »
Just for the record I have never mentioned price in relation to the question asked in the original post. The price issue arose from a comment windowwashers made about salesmanship and winning a customer even though he was double the other cleaners price.

It seems that many people read what they want to read rather than what is actually being said.

Mark

NWH

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2007, 07:21:18 pm »
As said it`s a benefit for the operator having hot water ie drying quicker and first cleans,you`d be mad if you thought you could charge more just by having the system.At the end of the day customers want clean windows and the advantage of them being nearly dry before you leave a job in the middle of winter would be a bonus.

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2007, 07:23:59 pm »
Just for the record I have never mentioned price in relation to the question asked in the original post. The price issue arose from a comment windowwashers made about salesmanship and winning a customer even though he was double the other cleaners price.

It seems that many people read what they want to read rather than what is actually being said.

Mark
Mark I was waiting for that m8, it seems to be getting well away from the post in the first place, as comments i guess from me to you and you to me, was a little much people will just skip over it.

have to add as Mark did not say about double the price, he was talking about me and a quote i did.

as this is now getting very boring who would like some thing for nothing:

a comp has been started for a completely free website designed for the winner click below to find out more:http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=45437.0

trevor perry

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2007, 07:26:08 pm »
hi ian
      i never win anything so i wont be entering the competition, but i am interested in having a website built if you can email me with some further info i will be in touch. cheers

better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2007, 07:28:16 pm »
hi ian
      i never win anything so i wont be entering the competition, but i am interested in having a website built if you can email me with some further info i will be in touch. cheers

email me your contact number and I wil call you now: design@windowwashers.co.uk

enter you never know you could win. email me and I will call  ;) or call me on 01234 870 225

Ian

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2007, 07:51:28 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions Davo and I'm sorry I got you niggleing with WW.

WW is in a different position entirely to me. he has been doing it a lot longer (trad) and has a larger customer base. He is a natural entrepreuner, but resents people who read too many books. I re-looked at his website and it has improved dramatically.

Have you ever done a really really cold january WFP ww? Do you not think the warm water would make the hose less stiff and everything easier? Just as a split relay charger and 110ah battery would have made your first couple of weeks hassle free?

Be nice WW.

Davew

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2007, 08:01:34 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions Davo and I'm sorry I got you niggleing with ww

Hey, what about me?  ;D
Davo, actually i thought you had some good ideas there. Wasn't trying to tangle with you by the way.

Davo

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2007, 08:14:18 pm »

Hey, what about me? ;D
Davo, actually i thought you had some good ideas there. Wasn't trying to tangle with you by the way.

Laffin, dont worry davew  its a discussion forum thats the whole  point, differing points of view.

Ian just goes with the flow, so just keeping him on his toes.

Mark

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2007, 08:43:02 pm »

Hey, what about me? ;D

Laffin, dont worry davew  its a discussion forum thats the whole  point, differing points of view.

Ian just goes with the flow, so just keeping him on his toes.

Mark

likewise  ;)

niceandclean

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2007, 09:32:32 pm »
Well just to add to a this, i have a Thermopure system. The system is great, would not be without it now in the winter or on first cleans. During the summer i dont really tend to have it switched on, only on first cleans. In the winter it keeps the hose nice and supple, and it does warm the poles slightly, but i normally wear gloves anyway. As to marketing my system, you cant charge double the price cos you use hot water  ::) , but its a good selling point to my customers, 95% of which are domestic. When i tell them its a hot water system as well, they do tend to be interested. I explain to all new customers how im going to clean, the features of the system, and with features there is always benefits. At the end of the clean i leave an explination leaflet as well, just to back up everything i have told them. As i charge very good money for my services, they have to feel they are getting there moneys worth. I had a recommendation a few weeks back, when i went to see them they said, you use hot water dont you??  You market and sell what you have got, wether its hot or cold, you clean the frames or not ect ect.  Mr Solubility, have you bought a hot water system yet, or just looking at the moment?

NWH

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2007, 09:38:17 pm »
How much did you pay for it,i`m really interested.

niceandclean

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2007, 09:49:41 pm »
I bought it second hand for £1500  ;D. But after having one would i have another, yes i would. Its 3 years old now, has the same pump, same hoses, same wabasto, battery ect ect never let me down.

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 06:42:42 am »
Nice and clean. I've got it, but not attached it yet. It is a lot more basic than your system.I am looking for the same benefits that you mention. I don't expect double the price, but I expect more customers (In the areas I am interested in).
Because mine is not ionics you will be aware that there are certain phrases I can't use. Hence this post.

The signwriting on my van is blue, but what I think I will do is take a surperflourous line off and put a short red one on along the lines Davo suggested. If Joeuk was a mate he would design me a simple logo.

There will be changes to my leaflet too, which is directed towards a top end niche' anyway.

I would be very interested in your explanation leaflet if there was any chance of seeing it,

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007, 09:29:56 am »
So Mr S,... what system did you get?
Do you mind me asking what it cost?
I'm looking for something at the moment,.. but on a very tight budget as always!