Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny_h

lost customer
« on: September 26, 2007, 06:54:30 pm »
lost a customer last december when i called she said "oh the old window cleaner has come back sorry i dont need you any more" ok says i and walked away .......today she finds me on the street " oh hello im desperate for you to come back and do my windows that other guy only turns up when he wants beer money"  "oh dear its a shame you chose him over me then was'nt it ?" ;D"well?" says she "no thanks madam i only take on regular loyal customers" the look on her face was a picture took nearly a year but boy was it good  ;D ;D ;D
AUDI VIDE TACE

ScrimShady

Re: lost customer
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 06:56:39 pm »
bloody right aswell we would do the same!!
Mrs scrim
 ;D

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 07:01:46 pm »
lost a customer last december when i called she said "oh the old window cleaner has come back sorry i dont need you any more" ok says i and walked away .......today she finds me on the street " oh hello im desperate for you to come back and do my windows that other guy only turns up when he wants beer money"  "oh dear its a shame you chose him over me then was'nt it ?" ;D"well?" says she "no thanks madam i only take on regular loyal customers" the look on her face was a picture took nearly a year but boy was it good  ;D ;D ;D
I would have taken her back, after a telling off and a higher price, she could well have been a loyal customer for the future you just lost.

But if it made you feel good at least you got something out of it  ;)

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:34:26 pm »
nice one ;D
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

geefree

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 08:12:12 pm »
I would have taken her back, after a telling off and a higher price, she could well have been a loyal customer for the future you just lost.

But if it made you feel good at least you got something out of it 

some things are worth more than money can buy i reckon. ;D

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 08:19:30 pm »

Depends on the money I guess  ;)

LWC

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 08:44:27 pm »
nah the look on her face must of been priceless

i have a couple when i turn up they say the old window cleaner has been, and theyre not wfp cleaners either,so not only have they taken my money that month, but theyve gone and splattered fairt liquid all over my windows

Davew

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 08:53:14 pm »
Fart liquid..... thats crap!

LWC

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 09:48:57 pm »
oops lol

was gonna edit it so no one would know...lol

colley614

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 10:04:46 pm »

Farty liquid, Where can I get some of that? I could do with it for some of my arkward customers 

Skyglide

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 10:33:49 pm »
We never take a customer back thats cancelled, no matter what.
Good for you!
Chris

Dean Aspects

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 03:43:04 pm »
Fair enough if you dont want to take a customer back that is your choice but why be rude their is no need you could just say no thanks i am too busy and have replaced your job with another and dont have any space left

Their seems to be quite alot of people on here and in other trades outwith window cleaning that are being rude to people what has happened to manners  ::)

Dean

cybersye

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 04:15:21 pm »
customers cancel for all kinds of reasons, and its a buyers market, if I had cancelled window cleaning for whatever reason and then asked the wc back, if they'd taken such a smug attitude and tried to up the charge (for that reason only) I'd tell em where to go!

Davo

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 06:09:34 pm »
Fair enough if you dont want to take a customer back that is your choice but why be rude their is no need you could just say no thanks i am too busy and have replaced your job with another and dont have any space left

Their seems to be quite alot of people on here and in other trades outwith window cleaning that are being rude to people what has happened to manners ::)

Dean

The problem as I see it is that many people veiw their window cleaner as the poor stupid lad whos not fit for anything else. I was a painter and decorator for many years and when I was wearing my whites people talked to me as if I was slightly retarded.
All I can say is its nice to earn the ammount of  money that enables you to "put them straight" when the situation arises.

If you dont want to work for her then thats up to you. And if you want to tell her why you dont want to work for you thats upto you as well. Either way you're not goin to be doing her windows.

Sometimes they think they're doing you a favour.

Mark

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 06:15:17 pm »
I really do try to keep personal feelings out of business dealings - not always easy to achieve.
I probably would have put the customer back on my work list.  I would charge more though.  I regularly upgrade my charging structure and it's a fair bet that I would have a different way of pricing by the time they asked me back.  Also, my rates are based on supplying a regular service (usually 6 weekly).  If a customer has gone elsewhere once, I reckon there is more likelihood they would do so again - creating a tiny viability risk.  Money lenders charge a bit more for higher risk customers so I just take my example from them   :)  .

This happened with me recently too.  A customer decided to go elsewhere.  Several months later they phoned and invited me back.  In the meantime, I had increased her neighbours' prices by £1.00 .  So I increased hers too.  She did hesitate but I wasn't bothered whether I got the job back one way or the other.  In this case there was a more concrete reason for the increase which she could easily verify by asking the neighbours.  The funny thing was that much of the upper floor of this job could only be reasonably done by WFP due to the layout.  I assumed that she had switched to another W/C with WFP.  It turned out he was using ladders and was missing most of the top floor out which is why she came back to me.

I'm not one of the guys who has delusions of power as I know that in a very tight economy a chunk of my business would be history.  However, I'm not prepared to let a customer walk over me either.  Peaceful co-existence and mutual respect are the way forward IMO.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 06:31:33 pm »
Shiner i agree with you i just cant understand why people are being so rude and being proud of it ithink we should all learn a few more manners
I recently got a job because another w/c was rude to the potential customer ...yeah he didnt even see the job
 i got it because of my manners
the job turned out to be my biggest job ever not telling you the price but it is in excess of £1000 :o

Dean

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 06:51:10 pm »

Depends on the money I guess  ;)

No way, some things you cant put a price on.  ;)

Nice one John.  ;D

eddie d

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 06:56:23 pm »
well don john .
ive just dumped a customer as her 2 rather overweight daughters are the rudest people you could ever ask for payment from .

johnny_h

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 07:05:48 pm »
all i did was tell her straight ! not rude only the truth .take them back and they will walk all over you do it again knowing you will always be willing to have them back
AUDI VIDE TACE

corinbis

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 12:02:41 am »
well don john .
ive just dumped a customer as her 2 rather overweight daughters are the rudest people you could ever ask for payment from .

Yeah I had one like this last week, I knocked to let the customer know I was about to clean and her daughter leans out of the window and say "ahh! he always turns up when I'm F@@king getting changed!"
I made my excuses and left.... I'll not be going back.
Certain things I won't put up with & verbals is one of them, I guess thats the beauty of working for ourselves.  :)