Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Re: parking
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 01:26:32 pm »
Highlight them with your mouse and rick-click and delete, or put the cursor by them and press delete.

Same as deleting anything else.

nope can't do it. I highlight/right click on mouse but don't get the option to delete.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 01:27:35 pm »
If you drive a commercial vehicle you're entitled to load and unload on double yellows for up to 20 mins during the day, and unlimited at other times, provided there is "continuous loading activity", and you're not parked on the pavement or blocking the road. So all you need to do is keep an eye out for wardens and chuck some stuff in the back if you see one coming.

There is continuous activity - you unload your gear and hose and then are continually delivering water via your hose to windows and then you put it all way again.
It's a game of three halves!

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 01:42:15 pm »
Highlight them with your mouse and rick-click and delete, or put the cursor by them and press delete.

nope can't do it. I highlight/right click on mouse but don't get the option to delete.
Then highlight the text you don't want and then press delete?

simon knight

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 04:03:45 pm »

Then highlight the text you don't want and then press delete?

Nope, have diddled around and can't seem to do it...oh well mustn't let it upset me!

Pole2pole

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2007, 04:14:01 pm »
How do you quote something that someone has posted to reply to "that" comment. I still aint sussed that  ::)

Click the "quote" button at top right of the message you're responding too and write your stuff underneath the /quote contained in square brackets.
Like this????

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 06:17:11 pm »
How do you quote something that someone has posted to reply to "that" comment. I still aint sussed that  ::)

Click the "quote" button at top right of the message you're responding too and write your stuff underneath the /quote contained in square brackets.
Like this????

Yes   :)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 07:09:17 pm »

When you see the quoted text with [ / quote] at the end, put your cursor before the [ / quote] by clicking there with your mouse pointer.  Then move the cursor with your direction arrow keys to the end of the bit you want to delete and press "backspace" until you've deleted all the bit you want to.

simon knight

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 07:29:14 pm »

When you see the quoted text with

GOT IT...CHEERS

jamieharwood

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 07:51:47 pm »
hiding the tax disc wont work, it just gets sent back to the issuing officer who decides if they wish to continue with the ticket.

trying to drive off wont work either. if the ticket touches the vehicle its lawful, even if it hasnt been filled in.

best thing to do is to park legally. ;)

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 08:13:44 pm »
Its ok to park on double yellows in Worthing and the same in Brighton if your working, I have no trouble at all and have spoken to a warden and had it confirmed.
There are probably quite a few more places like it as well but its kept quiet.

Sussex by the sea

dai

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 08:26:59 pm »
One of my customers is a debt collector. He told me he just double parks and the traffic warden can't do anything about it. Sure the police could book him for obstruction, but the traffic warden doesnt have this power.
Traffic wardens in Abersoch just ticketed loads of motorists for parking on a grass verge near a popular beach. This has caused a lot of moaning from the alleged offenders. A traffic wardens jurisdiction should end at the kerbside. Dai

Londoner

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2007, 07:49:20 am »
A lot of the residential roads round here have parking restrictions or Resident Permit bays and that causes me problems. The wardens are like vultures, they can smell an illegally parked vehicle several streets away.

simon knight

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2007, 08:45:30 am »
A lot of the residential roads round here have parking restrictions or Resident Permit bays and that causes me problems. The wardens are like vultures, they can smell an illegally parked vehicle several streets away.

Can't they just! I had one where I was getting a visitors permit from the woman and by the time I got back to the car (3 mins) the warden was starting to write the ticket

jamieharwood

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2007, 12:12:31 pm »
double yellow lines by law end at the hedgerow, so in essence if you drive over the dyl and park on the verge you are actually parking on double yellows. therefore a traffic wardens jurisdiction doesnt end at the kerbside.

i work for sussex police and wherever possible i try not to dish out parking tickets, problem is parking in sussex for the main is still governed by police officers unless the council decriminalise it (like in brighton and lewes). but i do let businesses park on dyl to do their job (especially window cleaners as i did used to be one).

however there are a few people that take the p%!s and block roads off or double park causing chaos. in this case i normally stand in front of the vehicle and write the ticket out. its amazing how quickly people move their vehicle then.

i will let you into one little tip though. im not sure about private traffice attendents but this is for police officers that might be booking you up.

if you get back to them while they are writing out the ticket, dont have a go, but just apologise and explain why you parked there. then ask if they would consider voiding the ticket this time. police can void the ticket at any time, even after its on the car. if people dont scream at me or call me names then i will invariably void the ticket.  cant speak for every pc in the country though as there are some that enjoy giving out the tickets. ;D

simon knight

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2007, 12:33:49 pm »
Hi Jamie, Here in SW London the parking is dire and the traffic wardens are legion and seem to enjoy dishing out PCNs for the slightest infringement.

I'm all for traffic management...if somebody double parks and blocks the highway then I'm in favour of heavy fines...but i had a PCN for getting back to my car 3 minutes later than I had paid for on the meter. This therefore had nowt to do with traffic management and everything to do with swelling Wandsworth Borough Councils coffers.

I agree that ranting and raving at the parking warden isn't good policy but blimey this c##t has just fined me £60 for 3 minutes...£20 a minute...Groundhog eat yer heart out ;D...!!

tonyoliver

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2007, 01:31:14 pm »
in reply to thne original post
yes i am legal
no im not a cowboy
i try to be legal honest and decent caring shareing and giveing i do pay tax ect just like you.

but i do begruge giving my hard earned to the local council for stoping to do my job,
in croydon the council use the camaras that were ment to protect us from crime and now use them to stop real crime yes us motorists
you dont even see the warden and you have a ticket.
 a computer works out the time you arrive and alerts the warden to your location by g.p.s
wardens on motorbikes gey you even at 12.oclock at night
i got 2 fines one at 11.59 amd one at 12,01 two seperate days cleaver or what they will towyou away any time day or night  unless you are illegal you will not pay if you cant be traced.... but also if they run my child over they cant be traced surly these are the real criminals .the system is asleep to issues concerning real people and take our money but dont provide us with the protections and safeguards we deserve.like forest gump said thats all i have to say about that!!!!!

jamieharwood

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2007, 02:24:14 pm »
Hi Jamie, Here in SW London the parking is dire and the traffic wardens are legion and seem to enjoy dishing out PCNs for the slightest infringement.

I'm all for traffic management...if somebody double parks and blocks the highway then I'm in favour of heavy fines...but i had a PCN for getting back to my car 3 minutes later than I had paid for on the meter. This therefore had nowt to do with traffic management and everything to do with swelling Wandsworth Borough Councils coffers.

I agree that ranting and raving at the parking warden isn't good policy but blimey this c##t has just fined me £60 for 3 minutes...£20 a minute...Groundhog eat yer heart out ;D...!!

this problem is to do with decriminalisation of parking in areas and getting council traffic wardens to do the job. and yes these fines are only there to swell public coffers