Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole2pole

Pressure build up
« on: August 30, 2007, 08:00:58 am »
Mornin all. Smal prob re shurflo and varistream. When the pumps running but i cut off the flow at a connecter for a few seconds, and i open up the connecter again(and the pressure has built up) water p*sses out 10 feet for about 15 seconds until it goes back to a normal flow rate again. Never had this problem when i used a trolley system. Am i doing something wrong or connected the pump/vari wrong?
Thanks, Dino

Moderator David@stives

Re: Pressure build up
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 01:59:15 pm »
Sounds like you have air inside your di vessel.

Pole2pole

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 03:40:08 pm »
Hi Dave...somebody loves me lol. Mate i aint got a DI vessel bud. It's straight from 250l(transferred from 1000l IBC in garden) Thanx for trying though  ;) Any more bidders? Come on, i'd lay down my life for you guys.......... ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 05:16:29 pm »
atchew  ;)

twt

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 05:19:29 pm »
adjust your varistream internally im not gonna explain how do a search on here and you will find out how,

sunshine windows

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:21:52 pm »
I get a slight pressure build up on mine too.

To be honest if find it quite useful in getting sticky cobwebs to run down the window.  ;D

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Pole2pole

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 05:47:06 pm »
It aint slight Lance, it's vast lol. I tried turning it down internally but then i don't get the pressure when i want it.  ::)
Zut alore  ???

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 05:50:55 pm »
Pressure build up in the hose, try with a shorter length and see if you get the same effect.

Dave

brightnclean

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 06:08:42 pm »
You using 6mm microbore at 100 metre length Dino?

I had similar probs unti I switched to 8mm minibore...  prob solved!!!  :)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 06:18:48 pm »
6mm is perfect and will not swell as much as 8mm (less surface area) unles it is the first batch of 6 mm which was sold by some suppliers, which failed regularly in the early days.

You can identify it by the inner core , it is made of white plastic as opposed to the thicker clear rubber on the better hose.

Dave

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 07:14:27 pm »
You can't avoid getting a pressure build-up.  The varistream is set to cut off at a certain pressure, but while you're working the end of the hose is "open" as the water is coming out of the jets, so there's nowhere near the pre set pressure in the hose.  When you unplug the connector, the varistream continues to run the pump until the pre-set pressure is reached, then it cuts off.  When you re-connect, the water in the system (100m hose etc) is at the higher pressure, so comes out with a blast, until the pressure drops.  Then the varistream continues to run the pump at your pre-set flow rate, but never reaches the pre-set pressure until you disconnect again.

Don't worry about it

Life's too short ;D

Cheers,

Ian

Pole2pole

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 08:38:11 pm »
Sorry gang. Had a late night appointment. Me mate's mum's. Her house, not her  ;D It's 100 meters 6mm diameter. I think the way around it is just to open the connecter shut off valve slowly. I'm new to the van mount so i'm sure it'll all sort itself out within a week or two. Am i right in thinking that i'll have to but brass connectors though? Cos the hozelocks are leaking left right and center  ::)
Oh i do miss my ladders and scrims...............not  ;)

Davew

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 08:56:31 pm »

Don't worry about it

Life's too short ;D

Cheers,

Ian

Just watch your hose from reel to pole doesn't start ballooning or you start popping hozelock connectors (like I did)

Pole2pole

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 09:08:30 pm »
I look forward to that happening Dave  :o

Davew

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 09:26:14 pm »
No seriously, I posted a thread saying how crap Hozelock reels and connectors were. My reel core was crushed by the boa constrictor effect of the microbore pressuring up and my connector would only last a week. I've changed to metal now but it improved when I backed the blue dial a little.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 10:00:44 pm »
I had this every now and again with 6mm microbore,switched to 8mm and no more problems.