Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Thinking about my next pole. What do you recommend?
« on: August 30, 2007, 08:12:46 am »
My Carbon Fibre individual section pole suits me fine but I know that it can be fatally damaged easily. It came from France off the net and I cannot locate spare sections which I have repaired and strengthened myself as necessary. The pole works fine now but I don't want to get caught out if the worst should happen.

I love its lightness and rigidity and will happily get another but as this industry is developing all the time I am asking your advice. It cost me £350 inc vat including vikan brush head on the top section. (Originally it was a max of 33ft/10m but is about 2ft shorter due to my repairs.)

I understand Alex Gardiner does this type of pole or similar and would especially welcome his comments or from those who use this sort of pole - Ian Giles perhaps?

Thanks in advance.
It's a game of three halves!

Alex Gardiner

Re: Thinking about my next pole. What do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 08:29:06 am »
Yes, we use a similar type of pole originally based on fishing pole technology.  They by far are the best pole to use for high level work.  We have a new model, the Super-Lite2 coming out next month which will be far tougher than any previous versions as it has been designed exactly for window cleaners needs.  If you register your interest in one of these new Super-Lites and pay a deposit, you can have them at a special introductory price when they come out at the end of September.

need a cleaner

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:10:21 am »
hi alex, what sort of price are they going to sell for?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 09:27:39 am »
Hi need a cleaner

Alex has gone to work but left me with some details.  These introductory prices are still approximate:

35ft = about £350
40ft = about £400
45ft = about £450
51ft = about £500
56ft = about £550

The introductory price will last until 13th September and £100 deposit will secure your order at this price.

Hope this helps.  Alex will be back home around 3 pm.

Mrs A

Clear Vision

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 10:23:18 am »
I just ordered a map f16 fishing pole for £249.97

It's 44ft long.

Had to get a zensor 18ft pole to use the top section of that along with the map f16 pole.

I have been playing around with the zensor pole and cant get over how light it is!!!!.

I was told that the zensor pole is roughly 1.8kg and is 18ft long.
The map f16 is about 1.2kg and is 44ft and a lot stiffer that the zensor.

I dont really like moldular poles as Im used to my facelift. But as I only have a couple of jobs a month where I need the map f16, I will put up with it. Not too expensive either!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 02:29:12 pm »
Thanks all - I actually use my modular for everything - having got the hang of it I find it just as quick to use as a telescopic with the advantage that I only have the weight of the sections I use.

Alex/Kirsty - what is the weight of the 35ft and do those prices include the brush and hose (and Vat)? How about replacement sections if that is applicable?
It's a game of three halves!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 03:59:00 pm »
Hi Malc,

The weight of the SL-35 is 1.3kg.

The price includes the following

Each pole kit comes with, a holdall, brush, plastic adjustable gooseneck (upgradeable to a G-fit), pole hose, Velcro straps, choice of end connector, adjustable end bung for pole, PTFE spray and fully illustrated operation manual.

The details are now on the website with the ability to take online reservations and deposits for those wishing to secure them at the introductory prices.

A full range of spares will be available and extra extensions can be purchased at a later date (for no premium) to upgrade the size of your Super-Lite.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 04:21:56 pm »
are they modular or the fishing pole but with clamps?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 04:47:52 pm »
They are modular push fit sections, no clamps.

Count Phil

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 09:38:12 pm »
Are you taking deposts etc for the sl-x? I nearly bought a hybrid 24ft but then their was this talk of another pole....

If it has an adjustable gooseneck and is light, i'll have one.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 09:43:30 pm »
Hi P bowen

We are not taking pre-orders for the SL-X.  It will not be available for retail sales until later in the year.  It will be available with both an adjustable gooseneck and a new design G-Fit gooseneck to go with it's new Super-Lite brush.

peekeclean

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 08:42:56 am »
hi alex is the sl-x the telescopic one? Do you have a price for them yet?

cheers joe

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 08:44:20 am »
When we have a price it will go on the website. :)