Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrismroberts

Pole hose Hozelock connection
« on: August 29, 2007, 07:51:49 pm »
Hi all,

Does anyone use a hozelock connector on the end of their pole tubing? Would like to put a female stop connector on the end of my microbore and an adaptor onto the pole hose. I'm currently using a flow controller and its doing my swede in....

Was wondering where I could buy a male connection for the pole hose, as its smaller than standard hosing?

Thanks... hope that all made sense  ;D :P :P

Chris

Feen

Re: Pole hose Hozelock connection
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 07:55:41 pm »
Hi Chris, I use a backpack and have a female hoselock on it and a male on my poles. The backpack tubing has an inline on/off valve, so I just turn it off and disconnect the hoselock couplings.
Feen

chrismroberts

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:57:45 pm »
Did you buy it as a system or in bits? Is it possible to buy the male connections on their own?

Feen

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 08:05:31 pm »
I did buy it as part of a system. I've just had a look at it and it is just fitted onto the tubing. Imagine the connector being ribbed so that when you push it onto the tube it grips, so the connectors must be available for you to make it up yourself. I got my system from www.surecleansystems.com
Feen

geefree

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 10:50:16 pm »
i use them.. and his female with a tap on.

Gray.

chrismroberts

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 12:00:59 am »
Just ordered them, thank you!! :) :)

Do the female connections fit microbore or standard hose?

Chris

djhaydn

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 06:24:23 pm »
Hi
i have a male on my trolly system then about 10 mtrs of 6mm clear tubing attatched to my pole with a male connector on it, been using it like this for about 3 days now, and it has made the job alot easier, well i think so.

i tried a female with the on off switch and it was a pain in the butt, control valves on my poles now, again saves alot of time.

Haydn

geefree

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 09:02:24 pm »
hi sheep.

i use the one u ordered,

and i pop it into a female stadard tap.... like photo below... using piece of halfinch... with microbore slipped inside half inch hose then a jubilee clip.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WATER-FED-POLE-SYSTEM-HOSE-SHUT-OFF-VALVE-FOUR-PACK_W0QQitemZ150156439921QQihZ005QQcategoryZ112579QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

chrismroberts

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 09:06:02 pm »
hi sheep.

i use the one u ordered,

and i pop it into a female stadard tap.... like photo below... using piece of halfinch... with microbore slipped inside half inch hose then a jubilee clip.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WATER-FED-POLE-SYSTEM-HOSE-SHUT-OFF-VALVE-FOUR-PACK_W0QQitemZ150156439921QQihZ005QQcategoryZ112579QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I thought that might be whats needed. Doubt they'd make microbore sized hozelock connections I guess! Will just jubilee clip a bit of garden hose to the end and use a hoselock connector.

Do you find the tap useful on those connectors?

geefree

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 11:12:04 pm »
yes... i use it to turn water off after doing front of the house then turn it back on at rear.... i also have another one next to tank in van... its between pump and tank....... so when i do a traditional clean..... i simply diconnect and pop it into my bucket to fill it up lol.... then turn the tap off , snap it back onto the hose between pump and tank.... works a treat  :D