Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

WINTERS COMING WHAT SHOULD I DO?
« on: August 22, 2007, 06:36:21 pm »
I was thinking about buying that foil-insulation-foils stuff to sit under my tank to keep it off the floor, would the tank just crush it ( 500ltr ). What else should I do to stop the hoses and tank freezing, and what about water on glass, will it freeze on double galzing?
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

Re: WINTERS COMING WHAT SHOULD I DO?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 06:38:28 pm »
Stick the tank on a thickish bit of ply to raise it off the cold concrete before you insulate it.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 06:41:34 pm »
no this isnt a static tank this is my tank in the van!! I live inland and we probably get 20-30 freezing days a year, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 06:46:51 pm »
At night just throw a big thick blanket over it,or you could buy a 12v heater that uses the cigi lighter socket.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 06:48:05 pm »
what about freezing water in the hoses, what can I do about that? Luke

matt

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 06:56:03 pm »
if you park on a drivae, run a extension lead out and buy a small heater, leave it on frost protection setting, then it comes on if it drops below 2, or have it on a timed switch and let it come on 1 hour before you leave for work

niceandclean

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 06:57:02 pm »
I just wrap mine up in an old devet, and put polystyrine (spelt wrong) insulation around my pipes. I always take my hose reels in at night as well.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 07:04:34 pm »
You shouldn't need to worry about the main tank that won't freeze, too big.  Release the pressure in the hoses at the end of the day so that if they do freeze they won't split.  I got a small gas camping heater that I put on for a bit if it's really cold and it thaws all of the hoses.

If you insulate the hoses and it gets really cold it will keep the cold in when the day starts to warm up.

If it freezes on the window you go home.

Simon.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 07:08:37 pm »
I1e never had any trouble with microbore-minibore freezing,it`s the pole hoses that freeze when your at work round the backs of houses in the shade.

TVCS

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 09:18:02 pm »
I leave a small fan heater in the van at night on frost setting but the jets on the brushes soon freeze when you start in the morning, so Just start later in the day, or get the ladders out again.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

gsw

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 10:12:09 pm »
cant wait for those cold wet dark mornings again.........like this morning!!!!! this weather is pants, at least when its cold the sky is blue!