Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

Cheeky Bugger!
« on: August 23, 2007, 06:08:14 pm »
well today was in the process of doing my round and well one of my customers(this customer i ring the night b4 im coming and she tells the rest and gets my money top ola dear!) told me how no 3 didnt want them cleaning cause some one(another window cleaner in the same area) has been going round saying i sold my round to him ??? this is news to me!!!

I think this really below the belt and when i ask other customers i hear he as been asking for my prices to under cut >:(

cause by this point there is a few of us on the street talking other people get involved and i end up picking up 2 of is customers, so i have the last laugh :D

but iv been told he is supposed to be a very intimidating person(there mainly old people) so iv passed on my business card on to a few of them so they can give it him wen he next comes!!

JUST LET HIM TRY INTIMIDATING ME

dONT COWBOYS LIKE THIS JUST p YOU OFF

d s windowcleaning

Re: Cheeky Bugger!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 06:40:10 pm »
its out of order that hes saying hes bought your round . think i would find out where he lives and go and have a word with him . you cant let him get away with this & as for intimidating the old folk let me have is address and number & i will have a word with him aswell . i only have 2 words for scum who intimidate the old and thats  TAKE THAT  i love the sound of sirens from the ambulance .  ;D  ;D  ;D any one trys that with any of my customers & they had better watch out you cant let a arsehole ruin your buissness
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 06:55:08 pm »
its out of order that hes saying hes bought your round . think i would find out where he lives and go and have a word with him . you cant let him get away with this & as for intimidating the old folk let me have is address and number & i will have a word with him aswell . i only have 2 words for scum who intimidate the old and thats  TAKE THAT  i love the sound of sirens from the ambulance .  ;D  ;D  ;D any one trys that with any of my customers & they had better watch out you cant let a arsehole ruin your buissness

Dito. Had some thing simular & he got told to his face, i didn't care he was a foot taller than me & 2 foot wider.

The best bit is he came off a motorbike a month ago & will not be working for a min of 6 months. I've taken £80 off him yesterday & i'm out this weekend canvassing & i've told him. 10 years ago i would not have waited 2 years for a pay back but i'm loving every minute i'm hurting him, in the pocket.  ;D

Kwackers

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:58:31 pm »
What goes around comes around

Maybe it's worth writing a quick letter and dropping your card off explaining what they might've been told and that if theres any doubt about the round to give you a call first.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 02:52:31 am »
well today was in the process of doing my round and well one of my customers(this customer i ring the night b4 im coming and she tells the rest and gets my money top ola dear!) told me how no 3 didnt want them cleaning cause some one(another window cleaner in the same area) has been going round saying i sold my round to him ??? this is news to me!!!

I think this really below the belt and when i ask other customers i hear he as been asking for my prices to under cut >:(

cause by this point there is a few of us on the street talking other people get involved and i end up picking up 2 of is customers, so i have the last laugh :D

but iv been told he is supposed to be a very intimidating person(there mainly old people) so iv passed on my business card on to a few of them so they can give it him wen he next comes!!

JUST LET HIM TRY INTIMIDATING ME

dONT COWBOYS LIKE THIS JUST p YOU OFF
I had the same thing a few years back some guy was going round saying i broke my leg, i nearly caught him cleaning windows on a house i do, i knock on the door only for the customer to say they have just been cleaned about 5 mins ago, they said he was coming back for the money or should they pay me (got paid and never even done the work lol. few days later he was up to it again, this time it did worry me, I have a few old ladies that i let myself into there homes when i arrive make them a cup of tea and do the insides for them, he had been in there and said would be back for the money, this time I got this old lady to call the police as i was worried for her when he came back as he lied to get in and was in there for ages so she said "i was at pointing point with this guy as doing that to an old lady is plain wrong", you know the funny thing, I never had the problem again, and now all the old ladies call my mobile number anytime they see a window cleaner just to check (lovely old girls).
I think all window cleaners should be registered with the police and carry a card to state it, even if just to protect the old and vunerable.

LSB

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 01:10:45 pm »
i had a call from a customer last month , she said , someone had been round earlier to clean her windows because her ' normal ' window cleaner had moved away without organising or selling of his round . he was obviously vague about which w/c , price etc that he was replacing as apparently he was seen knocking every door ( even i dont do every house in a street ).
i went round to see the lady the following day , and shes still my customer ,
i looked at the windows , and he must be officially the worst w/c in the world , he badly smeared the whole front of the house ( leaded lights ) .   

Kwackers

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 04:42:08 pm »
it's good to read this post, if i get a wfp kit and start a round (or try might i say) might be worth telling them i'm the only point of contact.

ronnie paton

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 05:33:41 pm »
Iv been lucky cause the old dear in question who i ring b4 i come is like neighbourhood watch, she said to me i told them you was to reliable just to go with out saying so iv not lost no work.

I have asked for is number off one of is customers(neighbourhood watch told me which was is customer) they wouldnt cause they didint want to get involved, shame, but im sure ill meet up with him one day if he lasts!

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 04:40:49 pm »
Hi Ronnie,

Your site will be sorted by the end of today and up loaded  ;)