Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: I feel sorry for them!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 07:33:19 pm »
I hope Haydn doesn't have to rescue any of you guy's in an emergency  ;D

I know loads of retained and full time fire & Rescue guy's and I have full respect for all of them,  most of them have to get part-time Jobs just to make ends meet.

if you feel you have to have a pop at someone, then try the goverment, for not paying our emergency service guy's a decent wage to begin with.

we have a few retained firefighters on here so why just have a pop at Haydn??

Give the guy a break.

ScrimShady

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 08:44:08 pm »
god help us but mr scrim is on the life boat and is going through training to be a retained fire fighter!!If he gets a shout on the lifeboat i just give them a bell in the morning or he does it in the evenong to apologise!
No worries mate!!
Mrs scrim ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 10:01:01 pm »
Ok , where do i start?????????
phil and bob, many thanks for being understanding, phil you have just wrote everything about us retained firefightersand what we do and get payed, i do it because i am a service to the community and enjoy the job, i couldn`t do it full time as im not fit enough to do it full time, (by the way where are you retained)
Helen i do come across to you lot on here as a rude and obnoxisious thingy, but really im not, as bob says he knows me and knows what im really like, i just dont have people telling what and what not i can do, like in the smoking thread, so i bit and you all got the poo side of me,
Gordon before you get off your high horse, you do need to get all facts right before you go slagging me off, i do window cleaning full time and have a good round, i retain firefight as phil says when im called, and the disco`s as helen mentioned are at weekends every now and then, all my monies earnt are put through the books, i bet you put some in your back pocket, i dont and never will, i dont screw the system, and i object to you thinking i do it on the side,
i am on call 24/7 365 days a year if i want to be, and 9 times out of 10 i am on call, but i still get up in the morning if ive been out all night and do window cleaning as firefighting does not pay the bills, i would like to see you do it, i dont know how old you are but at 42 im still doing it,

let me explain how i work my rounds and this was explained to ALL my customers and out of 200 only one has taken objection to it,
i do 17 rounds a month, approx` between 10 and 20 houses a day, some small some very large, i have a set day each month for each round and it is worked out for the year, if i am out on a fire shout (which i DO NOT use as a excuse at all) i miss that days round out unless i get back early , if its absolutely p1ssing down i miss that round as well, yes they dont get there windows done and i dont earn any money, my loss. but my customers understand the way i work, most of you dont work like that , but at least my customers know im gonna be there that day unless one of the other two reason happen, i cant lie to my customers as they only have to go on to the Norfolk fire service website and see if im on a shout, its not rocket science.
someone posted was i cutting the bloke out of the car all month, get a life you sad person, you wouldnt of put that if it was you in the car, god hopes it wont happen to you.

at the end of the day i dont know any of you except bob from adam, so the comments are taken on board but then forgotten about after i reply, you all have your own opinions and can express as much as you want and i shall do the same, but i do object to being slagged off as being a two bit window cleaner, i would like to think i work hard to earn my honest crust each day, and will carry on the way i work,
i posted this because i had had a bad day and thought some would be sympathetic about it, how wrong i was, too many jobsworths out there, seems to be the day of the real traditional window cleaners are gone and everyone wants to be a big commercial company, maybe only us Norfolk people are still in the old ages,lol. ;D

i joined this site to get some helpful tips on the wfp system, and to you guys that gave me the imfomation when needed i am very gratefull, you have helped me alot,
i will now take a back seat and keep quite and watch and learn from here, if i need to be slagged off for the way i work or act, ill go down the pub and let my mates do it.

thanks for your kind and horrible words, i dont really take it all to heart.

Haydn

Sure thing.  I understand what you do and I appreciate it as well.
What I don't understand is why you don't just shunt all the work back a day if you are called out on a fire job.  I would have thought it was easier for you to do that than completely miss a days work out.

Pro_Clean

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 10:02:06 pm »
Sounds to me like some people have a chip on their shoulders.

haydn mate, if you can earn a few extras, go for it!

If haydn has a bad attitude, then Gordons is just as bad.

I`ll shut the door on the way out ;D

Steve.

mark dew

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 10:15:27 pm »
maybe only us Norfolk people are still in the old ages,lol. ;D

YEP!!!

(from over the border in suffolk....)  ;D

djhaydn

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 11:32:33 pm »
cheers guys,,,, i apprieciate it,

mark......... i cant answer a yep, but hi.

jeff ,,,,,,, glad you are on the same wave length, but i would rescue anyone, im proffesional about my job and dont hold grudges.

pro....... i would shift it , but my customers leave gates open only for the day i should be there, id be wasting my time driving to them knowing i could only do half a house the next day, i have thought about it, but its not fessible as alot of gates are locked out in the sticks, buti take you comment on board... if anything i only may miss a day amonth, and yes i have gone out on the next saturday to try and do them, some i can some i cant

haydn

djhaydn

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 11:34:32 pm »
sorry i ment shiner not pro,

PaulTh

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 11:50:40 pm »
we should kill this thread and hopefully learn lessons from it,this forum i would expect was started to help everyone concerned and its  beginning to scare me how seriously some people take their occupation,its a job,there is more to life surely? big respect to the 999ers,remember 9/11 i doubt many window cleaners lost their lives there.... show respect,this should be informative and from some posts ive read fun ;-),peace out.

p.s. we all know we are in the service industry and the customer is supposedly always right even though we know different lol, a lot of the members come here to vent,i smile cos i know how everyone feels,today washing lines were making me curse whoever invented them,cutomer service must be the worst job in the world cos someones always taking their stuff out on us and others involved in customer service industry thats why i smile that this is here for ppl to vent and hopefully understand even if we are typing in anger lol.

djhaydn

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 11:57:16 pm »
well said paul, about time it did die, thanks....

PaulTh

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 12:16:27 am »
lol this is nothing to do with the thread but it is probably true,for every female customer we deal with (no disrespect intended) but i figured that roughly 1 in 4 could be having  a bad week lol and make allowances accordingly lmao,maybe something to keep in mind,im hoping this be good advice.

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 12:26:19 am »
what dj does with his money is no concern of anyones apart from his (maybe his wife/gf)

So DJhayden, dont sit back and just watch,  put in input to. I wish you all the best in all three jobs you have, just laugh and try to rise above it.

By the way, Dont die please as people need you to save there lives, clean there windows and play music to them ;)

Jokes aside, dont be put off of replying, be nice, be happy, make money

Paul Coleman

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 06:56:42 am »
cheers guys,,,, i apprieciate it,

mark......... i cant answer a yep, but hi.

jeff ,,,,,,, glad you are on the same wave length, but i would rescue anyone, im proffesional about my job and dont hold grudges.

pro....... i would shift it , but my customers leave gates open only for the day i should be there, id be wasting my time driving to them knowing i could only do half a house the next day, i have thought about it, but its not fessible as alot of gates are locked out in the sticks, buti take you comment on board... if anything i only may miss a day amonth, and yes i have gone out on the next saturday to try and do them, some i can some i cant

haydn

I wondered if that might be the case.  I spent several years filtering out the jobs where I needed to make an appointment.  I don't mind for the odd  big job that pays well but I found it too much hassle for run of the mill work.