Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davids3511

Aren't some people nice
« on: August 17, 2007, 12:33:11 pm »
Went today to give a quote for a large old house now split into 4 apratments. Looked around, priced properly at about £1.00 per window and £2.00 per bay. Came up with a price of £33.00, rounded it up to £35.00 and nervously gave my price.

The lady immediatley agreed and looked quite happy. As we were talking I jokingly said she had agreed too quickly and I should have tried for £40.00. She said 'no problem, lets do £40.00, it's a company paying for them anyway'.

What a nice lady, wish they were all the same.

jeff1

Re: Aren't some people nice
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 12:52:01 pm »
I just binned one called the witch, you can have her if you like ;D ;D then you'll change your mind. ;D ;D

Joking aside, its nice to see there are still some good cusy's out there, gives me hope again after my experience with the witch. ;) well done Dave.

jimnjon

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 12:58:55 pm »
I,ve "ditched a bitch", but she was the exception. Most folk are just pleased to have their windows cleaned. A new customer produced tea and biscuits the first day before we had even started :)
Johnny

davids3511

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 01:19:54 pm »
Hi Jeff1

I have been following that saga (and your bin) with interest. I knew her type wouldn't last long from your first post on the matter.

Jimnjon

That's pretty much what she said. She had been checking the local rag for ages and I was the first window cleaner she saw in it. She said she was just delighted to be able to get them done.

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 01:48:59 pm »
Hi Jeff1

I have been following that saga (and your bin) with interest. I knew her type wouldn't last long from your first post on the matter.

I knew she wouldn't last long from the first time I met the witch  ;D ;D keep your eye open for the results of my return visit today  ;)

xxmattyxx

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 01:50:50 pm »
I had a bid ask me for a price today, so I went across and had a quick mosey round, told it would be £14.00, good half hours work there.

She said 'Oh, dear, my last window cleaner used to do them for £6.00', so I asked her did she have one, she said, 'well, he hasnt been round for about 8 months now' so I said 'well, thats probably why' but she didnt seem to think so...... still, after £6.00 14.00 is going to seem rather steep, so no deal there.

Trouble is sometimes its not the custys fault, we talk on here about 'training' our customers to have us work in the rain etc, but when some shiner does windows at £10.00-12.00 an hour its the window cleaner whos training those customers to expect lower rates.

But, yes, it is lovely to have customers as previously described, well done.

Matt