Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonyoliver

TRADE SLANG
« on: August 13, 2007, 07:44:24 pm »
We call someone who uses a scrim a ragger,
he who misses windows a knocker ,
he who is scared a bottler,
someone who steals work a c@@@t ect
all south london whats your  trade slang ?

Alex Wingrove

Re: TRADE SLANG
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:08:37 pm »
bobber,

just about sums up mosts window cleaners, when i see them and dong like them

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:11:29 pm »
You "dong" like them. ;D

Is that what gay window cleaners do?

NWH

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:14:55 pm »
What do they call em down your way Squeaks,My-fan-wee LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 10:00:32 pm »
 ;D A beginer is a Tumberler ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:17:52 pm »
"rag on a stick" is what me and my dad use to call a cheap uninsured wc.We also call a whipy pole a "mr.whippy", Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 06:54:01 pm »
Anybody remember the term "jumping"?

I used to work for A.F. Cheese & Co. formerly of Underhill Road (Peckham, I think) and later at Crown Point Upper Norwood.

We did all the schools in the old Inner London Education Authority - mostly the old late Victorian "three deckers" - three high floors and then usually an artroom perched on the top.

We had to do the whole lot, inside and out, and never used a ladder except for the outside of the ground floor.

On the upper floors we would climb up the window frame on the inside, pull the top sash down level with the bottom sash,  hold on to the fanlight glazing bar and stand on the top of the upper sash, then duck under the fanlight so we were hanging outside and able to reach the fanlight to clean the outside of it.  Then we dropped down onto the sill, cleaned the outside of the upper sash, closed it (Now we're standing on the sill, three floors up, and the window is closed behind us :o)  Clean the outside of the lower sash, then pull it up and climb back inside.  All we had to hang onto while the window was shut was the channel the upper sash travelled in, you could just get your fingers into it.

That was called "jumping" a window.

Everybody did it, it was the accepted way in the late 60's/early 70's

And I'm still here to tell you all about it ;D

Cheers,

Ian

AJ

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 04:49:18 pm »
a 'ragger' turns into a 'knocker' if they are 'hanging' and there were plenty of 'bottlers' when it came to 'jumping'.