Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Bromsgrove: window-cleaning services
« on: August 09, 2007, 04:03:09 pm »
Any one in the area interested

These are all the details I have

Provision of window cleaning services.

Window Cleaning for properties managed by Housing Assocations within the West Mercia Homes Limited

Here is a web link, you could contact them and ask if they have more details.

http://www.wmhousing.co.uk/

gary evans

Re: Bromsgrove: window-cleaning services
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:40:36 pm »
Cheers john

One to contact monday, i have the low value account with supply to gov.. but this is supposedly a larger one. Do you have the high end account & if so what is the value of this contract.

Cheers in advance gary.

Majestic

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 09:49:55 pm »
I am on the low end as well .

gary evans

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 06:25:11 am »
John

Do you agree with the way they value them, supposedly low is accounts valued up to 100k. Over 3 years that 33.5k per anumm + to be over that is massive. If correct i,d like to just land one.

Cheers

Gary

williamx

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 07:28:13 pm »
John

Would a sole trader have a chance with bidding for this tender?

The West Mercia Housing group have 4800 properties which are divided into 3 housing groups.

Even the small window cleaning companies would have a problem in taking on this many new customers all at once, a sole trader would find it a nightmare.

How much would you bid on this contract? if you quoted the same as your normal customers, say £10.00 per house per month this contract is worth £576000 and on a 4 weekly cycle its worth £624000, it would require at least 10 new employees who you have to equip and train, the only companies who would have a chance are the likes of OCS, but their bid price per property would be a lot lower than the average window cleaner charges.

Majestic

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 07:35:29 pm »
First you should register interest , then you will get a list of the properties that need cleaning, that way you will find out just how many they want cleaning .
Then you have to fill in lots of forms, send in audited  accounts, risk assessments , method statements .
At the end of the day someone like OCS will get it  just because they have the experience .
I think  they will want someone who has experience and will do it at a reasonable price

gary evans

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 07:53:36 pm »
William

Yes you are right about this type of work, but, some smaller housing associations are more interested in smaller companies. I work for 3, but, there is still all the stuff required that john said & more. i invested a lot of time & money in training, h&s & business development, so do not fear these contracts. Recently tendered for hospitals that was the biggest yet, you need more work to look good on paper when they assess you.

Price wise you,re right you would be looking about half what you suggest, i,ve tendered for one called beth johnson as trial i qouted 25p per window because i had info on prices already charged, i didnt get  alook in at that price, so your looking at about a fifth of what some people qoute on here.

Gary

pure reach

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 09:01:48 am »
Hi,
Yes I would be intrested. Went to link, where do you go when on that page?

Majestic

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 05:16:37 pm »
I had a email telling me that West Mercia Homes Limited were looking to put some of there window cleaning out to tender. That was all I was told,If you go to the link then phone one of the numbers and ask if they know who is dealing with it  and  could  you have the contact details for them

williamx

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 05:38:26 pm »
Recieved this email from them

Many thanks for your enquiry.  This has been forwarded to Jan Sensicle at FR Data who have ben appointed to manage this process on our behalf.

Contact details:- 01926 625800 or email tenders@frdata.co.uk.

Regards
Elaine Wilkes
Senior Admin Officer
West Mercia Housing Group
01527 556400

mark dew

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 05:50:48 pm »
Is this viable work then?