Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alistair@AWC

Re: George systems
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 06:30:48 pm »
Hi Paul,

While were on about George when are you gonna fix the debt list so it will order the customers the same as my job list not when I took them on?

And its 1 year since you said allowing different prices on alternative months i.e. conservatory every other month was coming soon.......... are we any closer to that?

Regards

Alistair

Spiceworld

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 08:37:14 pm »
Hi

I do take your point VG Window Cleaners - £50 is nothing if you are going to use it. At present i use the Calendar on Microsoft Outlook, which works great for me, but i would like most of the other functions of George. Microsoft Outlook does what i want it to do with the different jobs, but doesn't tell me the prices, how much i've earnt ect ect.

I just feel that what i have mentioned/asking for is a basic part of window cleaning and i shouldn't have to enter a job 3+ times.

Hi Paul,

While were on about George when are you gonna fix the debt list so it will order the customers the same as my job list not when I took them on?

And its 1 year since you said allowing different prices on alternative months i.e. conservatory every other month was coming soon.......... are we any closer to that?

Regards

Alistair

If i pay my £50 without being happy then the above happens and nothing gets sorted. The same happens if the creator doesn't charge for some of the upgrades. The software just stagnates and then as i have said before you just start to compromise again.

I'm not saying that every little extra has to be charged for but it helps if you are earning something for the time and effort put in.

Just my thoughts take them or leave them, but it can be better as i keep saying.

Richard

Clear Vision

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 09:25:54 pm »
I think george is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are maybe a couple of changes I would like to see but I can live with it.

It's helped me out loads and I couldn't be without it now!

john masterclean

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 11:25:29 pm »
GEORGE RULES........i have emailed a few queries to george recently and always the reply has been prompt and helpfull. if ur not happy with a cheap but quality program dont use it. what must some people be like when there spending £00000's on vans, poles etc. do you go on vans dot com and say i wanted radio 1 tuned in but they didnt no. George is a god send to many people at a great price if it doesnt fit with ur job then dont use it once again GEORGE RULES...

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 11:33:29 pm »
I had to have my hard drive on my computer replaced last week and was very grateful for the George back up facility to restore my data. George is a very good program for the money. It's not perfect, but it's very good and has made life easier for window cleaning. Email support is quick and very helpful as well. Not many software companies are as quick to help you out when the need arises.

supernova77

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 11:54:04 pm »
I do take your point VG Window Cleaners - £50 is nothing if you are going to use it. At present i use the Calendar on Microsoft Outlook, which works great for me, but i would like most of the other functions of George. Microsoft Outlook does what i want it to do with the different jobs, but doesn't tell me the prices, how much i've earnt ect ect.

Richard,

I can't beleive that you're not using George just because it doesn't do one little thing for you that you would like it to do... And then you tell us all that you use the Outlook Calendar?

At the end of the day you would save much more time using George and adding 3+ jobs for 1 customer etc... than farting around with the Outlook calendar  ???

Andy

Spiceworld

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 12:17:05 am »
That's the thing in my mind it isn't "one little thing", it's the backbone of window cleaning. Like i keep saying your all compromising.

The thing is i don't have to "Remember" to invoice or when to do the insides or facsia ect with Outlook. I can add a reminder and it tells me when to invoice or clean inside or check gutters etc etc.

It's nothing complicated that i'm asking for and i can't see why you lot are just compromising. Ok it does the job, but in my opinion it just doesn't do it well and thats why i wouldn't pay for it YET!!

The only reason i want to change now from Outlook is that i'm getting to old to remember all the prices and that is one thing i like about George, but it does need the extras done, as it's everyday cleaning for me to have different things done throughout the month, and i shouldn't have to enter a customer 6 times to achieve that, but i should just be able to pick a job from a drop down list of jobs for that customer.

Don't ask me how to achieve that cos i don't know. Maybe it can't be done and thats why it's not there already. But until somebody tells me it's unachievable, i wouldn't buy it as i would want it. If it can't be done then maybe i will buy it and compromise.

Richard

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 06:35:49 am »
GEORGE RULES........i have emailed a few queries to george recently and always the reply has been prompt and helpfull. if ur not happy with a cheap but quality program dont use it. what must some people be like when there spending £00000's on vans, poles etc. do you go on vans dot com and say i wanted radio 1 tuned in but they didnt no. George is a god send to many people at a great price if it doesnt fit with ur job then dont use it once again GEORGE RULES...

I'm don't that George is a good program.  I know that the author regularly answers questions on here.  Although the personal touch is good, maybe that could be its main problem.  I'm wondering if the tech support would be there if the author had, for instance, a severe health problem.  Other programs may have their flaws but they often have newsgroups devoted to their use if needed.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 07:51:39 am »
It's unfair of Trevor to enter a fully fledged business program at thirty times the cost with hardly any extra functionality.

I suggest before you make yourself look stupid take a look at the software and you will see for yourself the abundance of facilities that are offered way and above the ability of George.

I used george for 3 years and can say it's an excellent tool for our trade and would be more than suitable for 75% of the window cleaners out there, but with everything there are limitations of use an this is where CEO takes over.

I didn't push this program, I just gave you the next level up!!!!

If you find £1,500 a lot of money that's fine, we all have our own financial expectations on what we feel is value for money!

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

dave0123

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2007, 09:25:37 am »
You have also got to remember! even if you would like a few changers in george its still faster and much better than doing it on paper! writting down little notes here and there

I dont seem why adding in 3 jobs is a problem... its going 2 tell u when each one is done you can even put a note saying invoice them now after the last clean of the month or something, so when you print out your work list it will tell you.

Dave
Dave.

Spiceworld

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 09:58:25 am »
Hi

£1500 is a lot of money, but i would buy it if i had 2+ employees and it wasn't bloatware because that is the market it is aimed at.

George on the other hand is aimed at the 1 man band and does a lot of what i would want, but lacks parts that it really should have. ie: 1 customer entry with 10+ or however many jobs are required for that customer linked to it.

Richard

George Systems

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 11:46:38 am »
Hi Richard

I know you think it's important - but how many Window Cleaners do you know that do 10+ different types of work in the same place for the same customer?

Most users only do 1 and some do 2 - insides & outs. Setting up 2 Jobs is not really a big deal for most people.

If you don't need to print an invoice for the job you can just change the price on the occasions you do extra work.

Paul

Spiceworld

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 12:23:47 pm »
Hi Paul

Yes i agree that most jobs are probably 1 or 2 jobs per customer, but i will back down and have a good play over the weekend, just so that i can have more valid points on Monday  ;D Only joking. If i can't make it work for me then i will just forget it and continue with what i have.

Can you just tell me how to empty out all the data that i have created to start again from scratch.

Cheers Richard

spotless2000

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 12:42:27 pm »
Hi Paul

Would it be possible to add a search facility to a future version of George?

There are times when I wish to access a particular record to update notes/prices etc. and it would be quicker if I could search for the appropriate customer record by typing in the customer's name.

I would welcome your thoughts.

Cheers

Steve

George Systems

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 01:44:57 pm »
Hi Steve

Click the "Find a Job" button at the top of the screen to search by Name or Address.

Paul

spotless2000

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 03:05:19 pm »
Paul

Thanks, that will save some time.

Steve ;)

Spiceworld

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2007, 03:32:36 pm »

Can you just tell me how to empty out all the data that i have created to start again from scratch.

ASAP and then i can start afresh.

Cheers

George Systems

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2007, 03:39:52 pm »
Hi Richard

The easiest way is to rename the C:\George\GData folder to C:\George\OldData (or similar) and then install the latest demo version.

Paul

Spiceworld

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 04:33:23 pm »
Ok cheers