Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phil Mitchell

1/2 day in the rain
« on: August 23, 2007, 12:46:40 pm »
Hi all
Plucked up the courage to clean in the rain this morning and it went ok. Customers understood that I'd be skint if I didn't and as I'm WFP they already knew that the rain wouldn't mark their windows.
Now that I've made the jump I think I'll be out alot more this coming winter, and although it still doesn't feel right I know the work will dry ok (I hope)
Im also going to start doing £200 days so that should help as well. This weather really is crap but its given me a kick up the arse :o

simon knight

Re: 1/2 day in the rain
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 02:54:49 pm »
Shouldn't you be serving behind the bar in the Queen Vic or down the Arches? ;D

Count Phil

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:21:28 pm »
Me too. Its happened sooo much this year I'm facing up to it.

LSB

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 04:33:35 pm »
im not keen on working in the rain ,
i have always done commercial work in the rain ,
however the last year or so i have been doing more domestic work in the rain than i ever used to.

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 04:45:11 pm »
I don't think we've got much choice really. I've been putting it off for a couple of weeks but today I thought sod it!
Warm & sunny for the next few days in Norfolk so some catching up to do :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 05:33:59 pm »
Hi all
Plucked up the courage to clean in the rain this morning and it went ok. Customers understood that I'd be skint if I didn't and as I'm WFP they already knew that the rain wouldn't mark their windows.
Now that I've made the jump I think I'll be out alot more this coming winter, and although it still doesn't feel right I know the work will dry ok (I hope)
Im also going to start doing £200 days so that should help as well. This weather really is crap but its given me a kick up the arse :o

I've been cleaning in the rain for a while now.  I've been pleasantly surprised at how little opposition I've encountered.  In fact, it's been non-existent.  The last two people who stopped me because of rain (quite a few months ago) did so because it had been raining or because the forecast said it was going to rain.  It was actually dry at the time.  They became rapidly ex-customers and I moved on.  I've no time for such customers these days.  They won't be offering me a place to stay if I can't pay my mortgage so they can find a W/C who is OK with letting his (or her) customers run the business.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 07:18:04 pm »
I work in all weather, always have since the switch to Wfp.

Not had 1 call back in 2 years which all my custy's know is only a phone call.

Macc

gsw

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 07:29:42 pm »
I know the work will dry ok (I hope)

I've had it raining so hard it was bouncing up off the pavement and it the windows have still dried fine, offer a free clean guarantee and how can they moan! I just tell them if it didn't work would I be out here getting wet would I!