Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Re: Leaflets failing
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 05:39:41 pm »

I agree totally, but even that being the case I'd still rather spend time knocking on doors and get work than post flyers through letterboxes and hope for a return call.

People are fickle and at the end of the day they either want a regular clean or it's a one off...how you've "touched base" with them is academic.

colley614

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 05:43:15 pm »
Gazza,

The price you pay for professional leaflets could get you a years listing in the Yellow Pages mate! Think about it I got quoted a similar price for a few thousand leaflets as I did for the Yellow Pages and a few thousands leaflets takes hours if not days to post were as with Yellow Pages they canvass around 100000 addresses for you. You could spend the time you were going to canvass actually knocking on a few doors and get a better ration of customers per houses visited ration.

gary999

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 05:46:56 pm »
i use business cards ordered from vistaprint can upload your own design
if needed. mine are the basic blue with my details what i do my home address
my home number etc etc i then laminate them 200 at a time never fail to get a
least five enquires from these. last week picked up 8 new customers just from
couple hours delivering.
speak to customers about these cards they all say they look more proffesonial
than leaflets

oh yeah cost me £18 for 2500 cards

What size business cards do you use, the wallet size ones or bigger.

Thanks Matt

wallet size, go tescos get their cheap laminating paper £4 25 sheets in each
pack and a cheaper laminating machine from there£12-£15  inormally get 10
business cards between each sheet 1pack=250 laminated.

It can be a bit time consuming but its definately worth it, had another three
calls today while i was out,its definately the cards they look much more professional
than the flyers and at a cheaper cost to your self.

Majestic

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 05:50:25 pm »
I think you have to keep it simple , not to much information on them or they bin them straight away.
When I first started I had a good responce from my leaflets.I did some cheap home made ones
All I put on was

Do you have  a window cleaner.
Do you want a window cleaner.
We are now cleaning in your area.
For a free quote.
Please leave this leaflet in your window .

Then on the other side I put

Yes please give me a quote for cleaning my windows.

A couple of days later I went around the area and any that had a leaflet in the window I gave them a quote and also told them what day I would be cleaning .

gary999

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 05:53:09 pm »
I personally prefer to leaflet because i know how irritating it is people
knocking on your door selling goods or services,so i give the potential customer
the option. like a previous poster said these customers who then approach
you really do want a service from you.

I have found personally thats what works for myself :)

vwm

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 07:22:28 pm »
if the customer call you then they want a window cleaner and you can charge more but i found that if i cold door knock then they think you need work and will haggle like mad. i like the idea that they need me not me need then and leaflets just let them know that you are about. shy not at all ill knock on any door and talk to any one but during work i only like to talk to people who are intrested in me cleaning their windows not just to explain the wfp.

again when i expanded into another area i put leaflets in selected areas and also had a half page ad in local paper. i now have very good work which enabled me to give 10k a year of work away.

the business card works well as 3 mths ago doing one customer in this very classy road i delivered cards though doors out of 18 cards got 6 customers out of it within the time i got home and now have 10 3 mths later. all £25+ and done well inside a working day and recon theres room for 3-4 more which i have priced up and waiting for the go a head. ps all had other w/c and were paying £15ish but he hardly turn up

stephen d

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 11:29:22 am »
Vince,
that will always happen and some people will only use you as they are moving etc etc but the way i get round that one is to charge them an initial clean price.this way if you charge £15 instead of £10 if they then cancel its been worth your while if they remain a customer your quids in.