Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Hosereel failed
« on: August 06, 2007, 08:16:31 pm »
My reel gave up on me today the connectors wore out so my feed hose kept shooting off. It's not a proper Hozelock reel so I have had to buy one quick as I haven't sourced the connectors yet.
 Also had a horrible day cleaning a retirement complex. Some wanted outsides only, some wanted insides too. The problem was a) I couldn't push any windows shut because they had some catch system on them so some insides got a sprinkling. b) I couldn't tell which flat was which from outside. I had drawn a diagram of all three floors but the warden cleverly put the flat numbers in the wrong places! >:( I had payments coming left right and centre and couldn't tell who was who. I even had a fiver lowered down on a piece of string from three floors up.

NWH

Re: Hosereel failed
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 08:19:33 pm »
Buy 100mtrs of minibore with proper 8mm connecters for hosereel,plastic fittings are far to flimsy to cope with high pressure.

Davew

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 08:25:06 pm »
Its microbore but the connection from pump to reel is normal hose. The plastic male connector on the hosereel just rubbed away after five months. The damage is done when winding the reel in or out with the connector on.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 08:31:18 pm »
Why dont you use one of these?

Davew

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 08:34:55 pm »
Where? I need to be able to disconnect quickly.

Davew

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 08:36:39 pm »
I think a brass connector on the hose might be less abraisive cos they have ball bearings that would spin?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 08:37:08 pm »
Where? I need to be able to disconnect quickly.

In the same place as the other of course  :)

williamx

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 08:42:40 pm »
You need to put Vaseline on the connectors, its stops the rubber band from wearing away.

Davew

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 08:57:41 pm »
Rubber band fine, it's the plastic that was shot.

geefree

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 09:55:06 pm »
change all of them to brass... a bit costly but cheaper in the long run.... even the hose one will screw off

Gary.