Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

Any Advice on interviewing
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:25:23 pm »
I am interviewing in the morning. Just a temp job for the summer for now with the choice to take them on full time afterwards. Have anybody got some useful advice on interviewing?

simon knight

Re: Any Advice on interviewing
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 05:26:25 pm »

Depends on where you're applying for a job ;D

colley614

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 05:27:49 pm »
Its me thats looking for the workers!

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 06:02:24 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 06:10:14 pm »
aye

if spud arrives, dont ask him in the door ;)

Majestic

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 06:44:20 pm »
Ask them why you should give them the job , then the one with the best answer should get the job.

I would try to find one that has never done window cleaning before, then you can show him or her the way that you want it to be done and not the way they have been doing it.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 07:11:57 pm »
Ask short question which contain the following
What Where When How
It's not possible to answer questions with a yes or no if you use these words. Make them do the talking.
Make them fill out an application form as they arrive which should include 'Any criminal record' Please note a Crim Check will be carried out.
You will also want to see some photo ID

At the end of the day you take on who you feel is best for you, but that is no guarentee that they won't turn out to be a complete idiot. Been there got the book on this type.

colley614

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 07:16:33 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys, I have put a list of 20 questions together with who,what,when,were type questions in. I really want to train from scratch because I think that makes the best windows cleaners for the company. Rather than guys who think they know better. Especially when it comes to ladders, if you only teach safe practices then you shouldn't have a problem.

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 10:24:39 pm »
Also colley...

You could get each one to have a quick go on one or 2 windows on your house??? just to see whats what and if someone can be taught!!! because its not for everyone.. take down notes etc.

Werre did u go with in the end?? conections or the jobcentre? to get people for work.

DAVE
Dave.

colley614

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 02:13:48 pm »

I went to connexions mate. They were really helpful and not one lad that come into the room was a time waster. They were all really keen, telling me stories about working for their 'uncle john' and stuff. I was well impressed with them. I would have taken on 4 at least if I had the work they really were good interesting people. The staff from connexions were great, one lad never turned up and the girls were saying how the felt guilty wasting my time. They made me about 10 cups of coffee and I was running the loo between interviews.