Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

StevePB

Re: Whats happening
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 11:39:33 am »
  I agree, usually just read posts, but this weeks weather has been really bad. Have been reading the site more than normal and have posted more in the last 24 hrs than all the time I have been on this forum and another forum ;D

The two forums have taught me everything about WFP and there are people who are very generous with there time and willing to help others.

Newcomers are learning what we can only just remember learning a year, 2 or 3 years ago. These forums are free and considering the wealth of information and advice shared, time given by people all for free, this is rare to find in any walk of life. Phew. :)
No sweat no get

Lizzy

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 11:46:09 am »

The one nice thing about this forum is we have a depth of experienced window cleaners

AND a good chat area!     

here is a idea, click on the little red square at the top of the page

close the door on your way out ::) ::)

I cannot believe I actually scrolled up to look for the new red button!   I did you know!

These forums are free and considering the wealth of information and advice shared, time given by people all for free, this is rare to find in any walk of life. Phew. :)

True.   CIU rocks!   
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

darren73

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 12:50:09 pm »
i have been window cleaning for years on/off ,the first time i discovered cleanitup and posts about canvassing i decided to start up again,i built up a good run quickly and sold it ,i found reading through the old posts gave me motivation to keep going-i have also found work while staying in england/built another run/learnt all about wfp/got cheap equipment/any questions answered/met sound people-all through cleanitup. i finally start wfping my round on monday-thanks for your help-darren

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 01:17:05 pm »
I'm very grateful for this forum too.  I was starting to rebuild my business when I came across it.  It caused me to totally change direction and take the plunge with WFP - something I would not have done without it.  I would never have had the guts to start pricing properly either.  Nor would I have had the guts to start working in rain in case my customers told me off (   :)   ) .  I even learned some tips about speeding up my trad W/Cing before I went for WFP - and I had been trad W/Cing since '91.

So it's nice to stick around and give a bit back.  The learning is ongoing too but the learning curve has a shallower gradient for the time being.

pjulk

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 01:29:24 pm »
Gordons said
I feel that this forum is getting worse lots of rubbish on it boring topics every topic has been on 100 times before. Full of wfp rubbish and thats why i could not care less if i never came on here again.

There is only so much you can talk about on the subject of window cleaning thats why the old subjects keep coming up.
But this is a really good forum and i have learn't a lot from this forum and other forums i use.

When i joined it 3 years ago i had not even heard of WFP.
I was a traditional window cleaner who like most other window cleaners used fairy and a couple of bits of scrim.

Im glad i did find these forums as WFP has made my life so much easier.

But i also learn't some stuff about traditional i did not know about and i first started window cleaning in 1986.
Like dogearing, GG4 never heard of the stuff, Oilflo, MDR remover, Traffic film remover.
Now i know about these things its made my life even easier

Paul

Majestic

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 01:39:51 pm »
You have the choice , look through the new posts topics  and if you have been there done it and dont want to read all about it again  dont click on it . Quite easy really

tonyoliver

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 07:36:41 pm »
if we met in a cafe or pub we would talk about the things we do on this forum it has helped me out alot.
iam not alone and i can get unbiased trade advice with out a sales pitch
i was undervalueing my work by about 50 per cent and slowly going broke through manageing my round badly
 i have 20 yr experience and can help others too
isnt that good enough reason and its not all negative talk as the things i see and do are much the same as you all
well nearly................................

xxmattyxx

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2007, 07:58:26 pm »
s'helped me, its my homepage on pc now.

Its motivated me, made me look at my standard of work, made me look at what Im prepared to tolerate from custys, re-evaluate my working practices, enabled to put up prices, and amongst other things (many not mentioned) encouraged me.

Thanks to all those who have been part of that, even thsoe whose critiscism I didnt like at the time.

One of those was someone, cant remember his nickname at the mo, who said all window cleaners who dont work in the rain are fair-weather window-cleaners. I took offence to that  ;D as although I WANT to work when its raining I never felt it was quite right, well, I ALSO dont want to be a fair-weather window cleaner, so since then Ive re-evaluated what I will work in, and drizzle/showers not too heavy rain is now work time.

Thanks again.

Matt

dai

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007, 08:36:47 pm »
 I feel that this forum is getting worse lots of rubbish on it boring topics every topic has been on 100 times before. Full of wfp rubbish and thats why i could not care less if i never came on here again.

Do you know, I often feel exactly the same when I go down the local for a pint.
I kinda look forward to going, then wished I'd booked my taxi home earlier.
I listen to the same guys moaning about the same things, but occasionally I get to hear Where good bags of bass are being caught, who's Missus has been playing away, and someone comes and asks if I'll clean their windows.
All part of life's rich tapestry.
If your not happy with the content on here, search Limewire for something more exciting to download. Dai

EasyClean

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007, 08:43:57 pm »
I enjoy coming on this website and realising other window cleaners have theire fair share of good and bad days, awkward customers moaning, losing work, tips, ideas, specific help and advice, etc, etc. It makes me feel like I'm not alone and that there are many others just like me. If you feel this site makes for boring reading then perhaps participating and posting your tips and helping the newbies would give you self satisfaction knowing that you are helping other window cleaners out like you have probably been helped out on this site from others. I use to learn a lot on this site but only a little now but still enjoy reading and helping others when I can. Keep up the posting on this site because it's a good site in comparison to a few others.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!