Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

Re: OMFG
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 05:17:17 am »
There has been many times over the past few years when we in the North have been the ones getting the inclement weather conditions, snow, rain, etc and ydown south have had it easy with blazing sunshine every day. 

However at the moment (touch wood) we are getting away quite lightly here, we're fully up to date with work and picking up new work every day.

I do feel sorry for those who have been severely affected by the floods though.

How many times have people had their bbq's out this year, I think we've managed it twice!

Londoner

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 07:36:33 am »
I've been dodging the showers but its not been that bad. The worst bit is the continual uncertainty but today is lovely.
Much worse last year because of the heat. I found that knackered me.

scrimit2

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 06:50:26 pm »
At least you've got work to do.

It was dry here most of last week and I had nothing to do.
Still haven't.

How come you havent got any work Squeaky? I havent been around for a while, when i was last on here you had just turned wfp.

scrimit2

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 06:52:59 pm »
that it  im really fed up .....its now 13 weeks since I have seen some of the old dears
and it is still bloody raining and raining hard!!! >:(
The forecast is bad too ?? I think im going to..........um ................god knows what

What are you lot up too ????? cos we  can not work that's for sure Edd

Im in the same boat, no pun intended, customers have been understanding, because it has rain almost every day, almost forgot I was a window cleaner sometimes.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 07:54:15 pm »

Still haven't.

How come you havent got any work Squeaky? I havent been around for a while, when i was last on here you had just turned wfp.
Lost quite a lot due to wfp, and the others I've done quicker, so I'm a week short.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 08:33:47 pm »

Still haven't.

Lost quite a lot due to wfp, and the others I've done quicker, so I'm a week short.

How many did you lose Rog?  I lost about 12 out of 220 (some of them my choice).  Since then, the jobs I've taken on have been better quality and better priced for the most part and the ones I've lost or stopped doing have been poorer ones mostly.
You will make it up again but like me, you're probably finding you have to hunt for a bit more work at times.  I'm not used to this as it's been a long time since I needed to look for work.   

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2007, 08:44:38 pm »
How many did you lose Rog?  I lost about 12 out of 220 (some of them my choice). 
Think I lost about 8 and dropped about 25.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 08:53:43 pm »
How many did you lose Rog?  I lost about 12 out of 220 (some of them my choice). 
Think I lost about 8 and dropped about 25.

You may find as I have that you have had many of your current customers for so long that referrals from them happened quite a long time ago.  I'm starting to track new work recently and a trickle of fresh referrals is starting to come from that.  I know you dislike working Saturdays but I find that working Saturdays in areas where I want more work gets me noticed and that has brought some new work in.