Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Re: Think I'll give it a miss today!!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 06:11:45 pm »

Yeah but this is my 1st self employed return...knew about the tax banding, didn't know about the 8% NI so it's thrown my accounts out a bit.

Oh well got until 31st jan to save the extra.

EasyClean

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 08:11:24 pm »
Caught a sun tan today working by Paignton Zoo, very nice!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

matt

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 08:14:54 pm »
day off

last day of my daughters pre school, taking her for the last time this morning, then off to the church service this afternoon

a bit sad really, end of a era
I know what you mean Matt.
My daughter had her last day earlier in the week.

It will feel a bit strange now.

a sad day for me

the church service was nice, the teachers were upset and it showed

about 35 parents attended and only 2 dads, made me fell like i did it the right way

now ive got to cope with her in school all day :( are well ive had a good 4 years of being home for 4 days a week ( 3 on my own ) its ben good and im thankfull i made that choice to work part time and enjoy her comapny ;)

a bit of a sad day for me

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 08:19:56 pm »
Matt , take it from me they grow up far too quick

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 08:36:58 pm »

Yeah but this is my 1st self employed return...knew about the tax banding, didn't know about the 8% NI so it's thrown my accounts out a bit.

Yes I bet it's thrown things out.  I take it you're aware that the 8% doesn't kick in until you reach a profit level of well over £6,000+ ?  It also stops once you reach a profit level in the high £30,000s but I don't suppose that affects most of us.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 08:39:18 pm »
We went limited last week, so I'm now back to being a plain old EMPLOYEE, got the title of MD though for what it's worth!!

simon knight

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 08:42:02 pm »

Yes I bet it's thrown things out.  I take it you're aware that the 8% doesn't kick in until you reach a profit level of well over £6,000+ ?  It also stops once you reach a profit level in the high £30,000s but I don't suppose that affects most of us.

mmm, I'll worry about the high £30k level when (if) I get there!

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 08:50:06 pm »
Matt , take it from me they grow up far too quick

Second that, they have always something else to do. Then there is the taxi service  ::),

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 09:00:42 pm »

a sad day for me

now ive got to cope with her in school all day :( are well ive had a good 4 years of being home for 4 days a week ( 3 on my own ) its ben good and im thankfull i made that choice to work part time and enjoy her comapny ;)

a bit of a sad day for me

Hi Matt

They say the first five years are the most important for your little ones so it sounds to me like you've made a great choice and your little girl has had a great start to her life.  It's a shame not everyone is always able to be in that position for one reason or another - makes it even more special.

Mrs A

PS. It's been sunny all day in our part of Cornwall but Alex and I have been stuck indoors doing paperwork!

simon knight

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2007, 01:29:15 pm »

Got up this morning at 7am, looked outside and saw a nice sunny day...Right I think lets go and play catch up....got a few done and down it comes again in torrents...is there ever gonna be any let-up with this bloody weather?

gary999

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2007, 03:30:55 pm »

nope!! :'(

matt

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2007, 06:24:33 pm »
i read in todays "sun" that the the met office say that "summer is on the way, only thing is it'll be in 2008 "

paul saunders

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2007, 10:43:53 pm »
I got up at 7.30 am................ was back in bed at 7.35 am, no shining for me today.  :'(
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

matt

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2007, 11:28:25 pm »
next week looks crap aswell  ::)

tacky

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2007, 11:37:36 pm »
what about if all of us on this forum pack in window cleaning  . put our few shillings .together .send one of the lads to china n fetch a container full of wellies back . WEED be quids in profit

neil100

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2007, 09:09:44 am »
When the weather is bad like this you have to set a reduced target to aim for.

If I see the forcast and they say rain all week. I set my target at £100 for a day. I get up go out in my waterproofs earn my money and come home.

But its never as bad as that, you allways get dry spells so its just a case of hanging in their and dont let the weather mess with your head.

Nel

Paul Coleman

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2007, 12:23:18 pm »
When the weather is bad like this you have to set a reduced target to aim for.

If I see the forcast and they say rain all week. I set my target at £100 for a day. I get up go out in my waterproofs earn my money and come home.

But its never as bad as that, you allways get dry spells so its just a case of hanging in their and dont let the weather mess with your head.

Nel

Funny you should say that but unless the rainfall exceeds moderate, I think I should up my targets.  I went out yesterday and did the work in just over six hours.  The time around previously, I did the identical work in just over seven (in fact I did slightly more yesterday as there were some conservatory sides to do).  This was because I didn't want to get wet for any longer than I had to.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2007, 12:44:47 pm »
Sainsburys?

EasyClean

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2007, 01:17:36 pm »
Sainsburys?

Around there with the peacocks peering at themselves in the reflections from the panes of glass, quite funny really to watch them putting on a display for themselves.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!