Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Help with pricing a job...
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 11:43:53 pm »
South East.

gary evans

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2007, 06:59:58 am »
Nice Job.

I would do it £300, have 2 man team on it one day. Easy after first clean, you,d be able to tie extra work.

Around 6 Hours total + average 650 to 700 litres would be enough after first clean.

We do mainly commercial & buildings this size daily, & theres always somebody cheaper, we gain 1 in 3 that we tender for, one company i know would do it at £150 to £175 max by us, but leave most & mess the job up.

This would be a good portfolio building for future expansion.

Gary

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2007, 07:48:30 am »

35 ' pole will defo NOT be enough for that I would go with at least a 45' pole maybe with an extra extention section just in case, check the gallery on my website the big pic is a 40' and not really big enough!

Chris

You mean the 3 storey place with the big chimneys? Is that a 40 footer? Looks like its only just high enough..

Yes that the one , That was a gardiners 38' pole which was replaced with a F16 carbon pole @ 42' which is just the right size

steve k

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2007, 08:08:28 am »
that is a 1 man, 1 day job and I would quote £400 if it was anything other than 4 weekly. 4 weekly would be £300.

£800-£1000... ;D Don`t waste your paper sending in a quote.

poles apart

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 09:18:26 am »
Nice Job.

I would do it £300, have 2 man team on it one day. Easy after first clean, you,d be able to tie extra work.

Around 6 Hours total + average 650 to 700 litres would be enough after first clean.

We do mainly commercial & buildings this size daily, & theres always somebody cheaper, we gain 1 in 3 that we tender for, one company i know would do it at £150 to £175 max by us, but leave most & mess the job up.

Gary

Quite right. I assumed he was not on his own when I said half a day, but you're spot on with the time and water usage. I'm glad someone has got some sense on here!

gary evans

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2007, 10:39:00 am »
Poles apart, i feel the same sometimes, some prices are so exagerated. Some people will be misled. It would be nice to £400 + for this sort of job , but you wont.

In my workings out i allowed a little extra time for the difficulties of the windows etc, but in whole this would be a good job around £300.

Gary

chrismroberts

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 04:17:40 pm »
Thanks for all the tips. I think it is going to take me 2 days, so I'll probably price accordingly.

Nice Job.

Gary

It would be good for future expansion, yeh. The company asking me to do it is a large management company so it might be useful to get on their books!