Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windows

Leakage from tap. What to use????
« on: July 18, 2007, 03:33:38 pm »
Hi all,

I've connected all the hoses to fill up my system and the water is seaping out of the garage tap. It's coming out quick enough to fill a bucket in a couple of hours so needs sorting.

Has anybody else had to seal a leak like this and what materials did you use.

If anyone has suggestions on what to use i'd be most grateful.

I've tried some 'Metal Epoxy' but it's still leaking. I have now put some 'Jointing Compound & External Leak Sealer' on it to see if this helps.

Desperate to get started with the new system so any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

pjulk

Re: Leakage from tap. What to use????
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 03:44:35 pm »
Get a new tap from B&Q there not very much money.

Save's trying to bodge up a knackered tap and will save you time in the long run

Paul

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:22:41 pm »
Or turn off the water to the tap, take of the top section and you will find either the rubber sealing washer has gone or the fibre washer around the edge, you can get all these washers at B&Q, or do as Paul said change the whole tap, less than a tenner and its sorted.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 05:28:00 pm »
I've got a similar question.
My pole hose split today as it leaves the male shrader connection. It his held on by a metal thing with two c's either side(bad description try and guess what I mean). Presumably there are some plier type things to remove this. What are they called and where do you get them from?

I fixed it with electrical tape but i would like to do it properly.

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 06:09:09 pm »
Is it the type were you squeeze the ends to tighten the clip? If so a small screw driver can be used to prise it open.
No need to waste money on special tools. ;)

For emergency use buy a roll of self almagamating tape, its like rubber and gives a great repair, not cheap but will get you out of a mess so you can carry on with a days work.

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 08:05:16 pm »
Easier way to remove these are to get some pinchers the thing you pull carpet tacks up with.
put it on the squashed part of clip and hit with hammer it gets it off in seconds.

Paul

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 08:44:58 pm »
I tried to take a picure, but my mended one is covered in tape, and my other tails don't have a circlip. I would still like the proper pliers because i am cack handed at this sort of thing.
The other day the whole thing stopped working. I very often get air locks after I have driven between jobs. I put a double male connector on my di in and suck to fix that. But this time there was no blue light showing on my eco flow.
I finished the house I was doing trad (and I'm not very good), and drove home. Started taking things to pieces and panicking because I was busy and losing money. Phoned cleantech and they told me to check the battery.

Anyway took the box off that houses my pump, and there was something in there that looked like a fuse . Sure enought it was a 15amp blue car type one and it had blown. Luckily I had one. The strange thing is, since replacing the fuse the water squirts out at a higher pressure. (it was often more of a dribble before)

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 09:04:40 pm »
You can get these fixings from Pirtek local depos. Only a few pence each. take a bit of the pipe for size. The pliers they sell are exorbitant in price, (£25+) use nail pincers carefully. If you are confident enough use a file to blunt the cutting edges.
Use a cheap file to remove the old clips, file a lug through and lever off.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 09:10:15 pm »
There called Oetiker 'O' clips and Alex sells them, I don't know if he sells the tool you want.