Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sussex187

pole for cleaning conservatory roofs
« on: July 18, 2007, 05:30:22 pm »
im a trad window cleaner who will eventully go to wfp!!
but my question for now is can anyone tell me if i buy a wfp for just cleaning con roofs can i just connect it to mains water{i realise it wont be pure}?also what type of brush best suits cleaning the "ornate" bits with loads of corners etc.
many thanks

jeff1

Re: pole for cleaning conservatory roofs
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 06:14:28 pm »
There are already Telescopic poles available to connect to the mains taps, I keep one just for this reason and at 12' max it does most roofs.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 06:18:19 pm »
Normal tap water will do the job,get some TFR to apply to the roof first to losen dirt and grime and then leave it for 10-15 mins.Go back and watch it melt off the roof like hot butter.

sussex187

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 08:33:39 pm »
thanks for replys what is tfr? also never seen those telescopic poles know of any online suppliers?

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 09:17:18 pm »
Here is one in use, and no I'm not stood on a conservatory roof, I'm on a flat roof next to it and I'm walking on a scaffold plank for extra support.

You can see the hose running over the roof and its connected to the outside tap.

Mr.G

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 09:21:12 pm »
http://www.hgpromotions.com/?page=products&cid=6

I use an Ionics brush for the same purpose but I found I had to filter it (filter connected to the tap) on clear glass roofs, especially on sunny days, cos of spots..

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 09:23:34 pm »
http://www.hgpromotions.com/?page=products&cid=6

I use an Ionics brush for the same purpose but I found I had to filter it (filter connected to the tap) on clear glass roofs, especially on sunny days, cos of spots..
I use the pole below for my main work and getting all the crap off, then when its finished I just rinse with pure water, That is my method for glass roofs, but for the plastic ones its just tap water, never a problem with spots.

kevin @ Ess

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 12:53:03 pm »
focus diy stores are doing an offer for a extendable car was pole and brush, thats connects to the tap.
might be good for cons roofs. - about 10 pounds.

anybody have any good tips and techniques to share, cos i am starting cons. roof cleans soon and havent done one b4.?

thanks. kevin