Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Grafters Cleaning Services

Terms and conditions
« on: July 17, 2007, 05:09:28 pm »
Today really p*****d me off, went to 2 customers houses and they weren’t in even though I had previously rang them to let them know I was coming, could not do them due to locked gates, then on top of that a 3rd customer then said not today as it’s probably going to rain again. This annoyed me so much that on my return home I compiled a T & C letter  something I have never bothered with before and from tomorrow all customers will be getting a copy. I have posted it below for all to see and to use if you wish,
Do you think this is ok?

Window Cleaning
Gutter Maintenance
General Cleaning Contractors
Commercial &Domestic

11 Quilter Close,
Sholing,
Southampton,
SO19 0DW
Tel: 023 80 392 971
Mobile: 07840 183969

Terms & Conditions of Service

1. We carry out a monthly window cleaning service unless otherwise stated.
2. Payment for services will be due upon completion of work.
3. Payments must be made within 5 working days of completion of work.
4. If you wish to cancel any of these services, you must notify us at least 48 hours in advance.
5. Any claim under the 100% satisfaction guarantee must be made within 24 hours of completion of work.
6. Grafters Window Cleaning cleans all year round, regardless of the weather, should we be turned away from a scheduled clean, there will be a 25% surcharge towards the next clean.
7. If access is a problem (i.e. locked gates etc) we will only clean the windows we can get access to and you will be charged accordingly, we are more than happy to telephone you the night before to allow you to leave back gates unlocked.

If you have any issues you wish to discuss regarding these terms and conditions then please do not hesitate to contact us on the numbers above.

J. Le Huray Grafters Cleaning Services

JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Paul Coleman

Re: Terms and conditions
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 05:56:46 pm »
I don't know if you saw the it but I started an identically named thread recently.  Pretty much the same reasons as yourself - I got p'd off with customers assuming I clean windows for a hobby in my spare time.
If you see anything on my list that is suitable, feel free to use it too.
I based it on something Trevor Knight posted a while back.

This is for domestic customers and will probably do for smaller commercial jobs too.

Please note the terms and conditions listed are generally not needed but exist only for those rare situations where a problem may occur.
1)   By accepting our quotation you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions.
2)   Cancelling our services must be done in writing (email acceptable) and with confirmation from us that we have received your letter. You will be given a cancellation reference. It is your responsibility to ensure we receive your letter at least 7 days before the next clean is due. We are not responsible for any communication that is lost in the post,
3)   If we arrive to clean your property and you no longer require our services then we reserve the right to charge 50% of the price payable for your clean to compensate for travelling costs and time wasted.
4)   To clean windows at the rear of your property we need to have access, therefore there should be no locked gates preventing access. We are happy to accept gate keys/padlock keys to enable access or for such keys to be left in a discrete place for our use.  Alternatively, where there is a numbered combination type lock, we will need to be given the access number. 75% of price will be charged if we cannot get access to the rear of the property and we will only clean what is obtainable from the front of your property.
5)   We operate a 12 monthly service throughout the year. This means that we may clean your windows during inclement weather. We reserve the right to decide if the window cleaning services should be carried out. Rain does not affect the quality of your clean. If you or your representative prevents us from cleaning, we reserve the right to charge 50% of the normal cost of the clean to compensate for travelling and time wasted.
6)   If you are not satisfied with our service or cleaning results please contact us within 48 hours from date of clean (08452 333444) and also confirm your complaint in writing. We will rectify to your satisfaction within 48 hours any poor work results (N.B. first cleans are excluded from this). If any complaint is proven to not be as a result of our window cleaning, we reserve the right to charge a call out charge of £10 to cover expenses and time lost. We do not accept responsibility for any complaints that are not made within the required 48 hour time. It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive your letter and that you obtain a reference number from us relating to your complaint.
7)   In the interests of health and safety, we request all small children and pets are kept inside the property we are cleaning or safely enclosed well away from the work area. The area should be free from any kind of animal excrement.
8.)   We will clean all windows, but any windows that are inaccessible or unsafe will not be cleaned.
9)   In the unlikely event of any accident, we do carry an insurance policy for public liability . Any accident deemed out of our control and as a result of fittings or glass already damaged arising from faulty construction, poorly maintained windows or conservatory roofs will not be accepted and the customer will be liable for any repair or out of pocket expenses.
10)  A risk assessment is carried out before commencing work in order to minimise risks to ourselves, the customer, the general public and their property.
11)   We will not accept liability for water damage to the property or the items therein where the windows have been left open prior to a clean or damage to the window or frame causing leakage into the property.
12)   Any claims must be made in writing and addressed to us within 48 hours of the liability arising. It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive your letter and you obtain a reference number from us relating to your complaint/claim.
13)   Payment for any service provided by us must be made within 14 days from date of clean. Payment can be made either by Cash, Cheque, or Internet Banking.  If late payment exceeds 60 days we reserve the right to make a late payment charge of £5 to compensate for all types of communication required to collect payment. If we are unsuccessful in recovering the outstanding amount due and the amount remains unpaid after 75 days from date of clean we reserve the right to take legal action to recover the debt and any added expense incurred with regards to it.  If 2 cleans have been carried out without payment, the service will be discontinued.
14)   We collect data from our customers in the form of Name, Address, Telephone Numbers and Email Address. This information is strictly for our own use and to assist in carrying out our services. At no time will your data ever be sold or passed on to 3rd party users. We respect our customers privacy.
15) We will remain polite, courteous, reliable and professional at all times.  If for any reason you feel that we ever  fall below the standards that we set ourselves, please let us know and we will endeavour to resolve the situation.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 06:02:16 pm »
Today really p*****d me off, went to 2 customers houses and they weren’t in even though I had previously rang them to let them know I was coming, could not do them due to locked gates, then on top of that a 3rd customer then said not today as it’s probably going to rain again. This annoyed me so much that on my return home I compiled a T & C letter  something I have never bothered with before and from tomorrow all customers will be getting a copy. I have posted it below for all to see and to use if you wish,
Do you think this is ok?

Window Cleaning
Gutter Maintenance
General Cleaning Contractors
Commercial &Domestic

11 Quilter Close,
Sholing,
Southampton,
SO19 0DW
Tel: 023 80 392 971
Mobile: 07840 183969

Terms & Conditions of Service

1. We carry out a monthly window cleaning service unless otherwise stated.
2. Payment for services will be due upon completion of work.
3. Payments must be made within 5 working days of completion of work.
4. If you wish to cancel any of these services, you must notify us at least 48 hours in advance.
5. Any claim under the 100% satisfaction guarantee must be made within 24 hours of completion of work.
6. Grafters Window Cleaning cleans all year round, regardless of the weather, should we be turned away from a scheduled clean, there will be a 25% surcharge towards the next clean.
7. If access is a problem (i.e. locked gates etc) we will only clean the windows we can get access to and you will be charged accordingly, we are more than happy to telephone you the night before to allow you to leave back gates unlocked.

If you have any issues you wish to discuss regarding these terms and conditions then please do not hesitate to contact us on the numbers above.

J. Le Huray Grafters Cleaning Services

Looking through what you have written, number 6 could cause an issue.  I think you would be better off wording it:-

6. Grafters Window Cleaning cleans all year round, regardless of the weather, should we be turned away from a scheduled clean, there will be a 25% surcharge ADDED TO the next clean.

Some picky customers might say that the 25% should be deducted from the next clean due to the way you have worded it.  I know your meaning is obvious but you can be sure someone will deliberately misunderstand it in order to save themselves some money.

EasyClean

Re: Terms and conditions New
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 06:07:40 pm »
If customers try to fob me off with "not this time" because of the weather or some other poor excuse like their partner is upstairs sleeping, then on the third occassion I tell them that I will be increasing their price because they are not a regular customer anymore and so I will not be charging their 'regular' price but a 'new' price to reflect the fact that they are inconveniencing me.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

john tomkins

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 07:49:47 pm »
If customers try to fob me off with "not this time" because of the weather or some other poor accuse like their partner is upstairs sleeping, then on the third occassion I tell them that I will be increasing their price because they are not a regular customer anymore and so I will not be charging their 'regular' price but a 'new' price to reflect the fact that they are inconveniencing me.

Good one,
we could do with a whole list of potential replies to customers saying  "can you leave them this time"
Given the weather we are having anyway we just dont need it >:(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 08:32:45 pm »
If customers try to fob me off with "not this time" because of the weather or some other poor accuse like their partner is upstairs sleeping, then on the third occassion I tell them that I will be increasing their price because they are not a regular customer anymore and so I will not be charging their 'regular' price but a 'new' price to reflect the fact that they are inconveniencing me.

Good one,
we could do with a whole list of potential replies to customers saying  "can you leave them this time"
Given the weather we are having anyway we just dont need it >:(

Unfortunately, I recently reverted back to my old unprofessional way by saying nothing and not returning.  I cleaned all the houses all around hers this time and just left hers alone.  Last time, I turned up on time and was told that she had just cleaned the conservatory windows herself so it wasn't worth it for her to have the other windows cleaned.  No problem.  I haven't cleaned them then.  No-one mentioned a time limit.  If she wants to be funny about it, I can play that game too.  See what I mean.  My attitude can be garbage sometimes.  The further I go into window cleaning, the more I see why some of the longer termers go for contracted commercial work as a mainstay to their businesses.