Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dg-cleaning

copy cat!!!!! New
« on: July 04, 2007, 07:24:51 pm »
ok so can anyone give me some info on copyright law?

Someone has copied info direct from my website and used it in their own advertising campaign!!!!

Go to my front page of website

ok then go to this advert which I found recently!

Wil-Clean is a cleaning company which supplies professional and reliable

cleaning services to clients in the Darlington and surrounding areas. We

provide Office Cleaning - Commercial Cleaning - One Off Cleans - Deep Cleans

- Computer + Keyboard + Mouse Cleans - Floor Scrubbing plus

cml

Re: copy cat!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:14:14 pm »
I thought I was having a bad day.

Permission is generally need before copyright material can be used and if i'm not mistaken i think Wil-Clean may use this sight.

dg-cleaning

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:21:17 pm »
lol you don't say!

no hard feelings its a compliment really.
I wrote those words with my fair hands!

just posted to let wil know that nothing gets past me.
The cheek of it is that its actually copy and pasted from my website haha in the same layout and u can see were he deleted my name and added his own!!!
no hard feelings paul :-* I've even got a floor buffing lead 4 u in area if u do that service and if u promise not to copy my work again!!!

Jan K

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 05:41:59 pm »
is he a direct competitor of your dg? If not i wouldnt be overly worried as its not going to encroach on your marketing area...and yes i guess you should feel honoured. it is cheeky of wil-clean, but unless you have copywritten or registered or whatever the correct legal process is, it i am not sure you have much of a leg to stand on  :)
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

David Seaman

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 06:47:20 pm »
I started to get job applications from alll over the country via the gumtree website a few weeks ago. When I checked it out some Ar$ehole had copied the whole of my website page for page & word for word. It was EXACTLY the same except they had added google adwords and a "jobs" link to it. Problem was they had left my name on one of the pages and the contact form was still directed to my email address. Some people are idiots! Anyway, I contacted them and pointed out that I had spent a lot of time on the wording of my website and that, in my opinion, they where thieving scumbags and should change their version immediately. I got a very rude email back from them telling me to f off and that they where going to use their version as it was. They changed their minds when I told them I had taken screen shots of their website with my details on it and would be contacting my solicitor the following day. They changed everything then except the actual template. I could see why they nicked mine because their own version is crap with a capitol C. The idiot can't spell and has absolutely no idea about grammar. It may be a form of flattery but it is still bl**dy annoying!