Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanandneat

CLEANING VOUCHERS
« on: July 03, 2007, 08:30:00 am »
Good morning,

I sell cleaning tokens and also give them away as promotional materials and it works.So I keep on doing it,however i don't know how to account them for.
So if I charge somebody £50 for a 'job' and they pay me £40+£i0 in tokens, I worked and paid staff £50 worth of work but actually only received £40.
You might think it is silly but I tend to keep the clients who use these intro or promo vouchers.
Any ideas... ?

Ildiko
Clean and Neat Service

dg-cleaning

Re: CLEANING VOUCHERS
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 02:16:47 pm »
I think thats a cool idea. I wouldn't give away any more than £5-£10 as promotion though.Surely if someone gives u £40 in tokens then they will have already bought the tokens from you so technically you are still getting that money, it just may mean that they don't cash them in themselves until later, however you would have received payment prior to work being completed??!am I reading that right?
so what I would probably do if ur a small business is keep a separate account or savings for the voucher money then use that to pay ur workers with when someone pays via voucher.Its a great idea and I think it would probably be a great marketing tool.
I never really looked at special offer ideas until recently.

I'm thinking of maybe trying out a " recommend a friend and get a free oven clean"
subject to the friend spending £150 minimum on spring clean or 2 months housekeeping contract minimum.
I think special offers in cleaning is a good idea, everyone loves to think they are getting a great deal!

cleanandneat

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 02:37:00 pm »
Thanks.
What I mean really is,that I give away tokens as raffle prizes and such to different events and organisations because it is also free advertising for my business. And so far I have always benefited from it as it brings in customers whom are happy to use their vouchers on the first job and then call us back or indeed sign a contract with us. Also I give all my customers £15 credit for every successful referrals.
What I don't know is ,how to write these off from my account? Can they be expenses or a debit sum?
I think I probably ought to speak to my accountant about it but I seem to have no time at the moment ...
Ildiko

Fox

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 02:41:17 pm »
If for instance you were doing a clean and you handed a client an invoice for £100 and they gave you £90 plus £10 voucher you would then need to go back to the office and raise a credit note for the £10 so that the clients account balances.  You will not be able to put them through as expenses just as a credit to the customer so in effect you are 'losing' this money.

Hope this helps
Fox

cleanandneat

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 07:25:40 am »
Thank you, Fox.

Ildiko