Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

busted

bl**dy weather
« on: July 02, 2007, 04:38:02 pm »
hi all
       the weather has been pretty bad today around milton keynes area some real heavy rain has anybody been working this bad weather or like me waiting till it stops

LSB

Re: bl**dy weather
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 04:44:14 pm »
i have had relatively little rain over the last few weeks of supposed rain !
( it has also rained at the right times ) !!
harrow / middx .

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 04:47:42 pm »
hi all
       the weather has been pretty bad today around milton keynes area some real heavy rain has anybody been working this bad weather or like me waiting till it stops

It's been pretty good down here near Gatwick.  A few showers today but I just worked through them.  I did finally pack up about 3.30 but I'd had enougfh by then anyway.  I don't mind workinbg up to moderate rain but I've no intention of getting drenched when I'm up to date with my work anyway.
These darned droughts are getting on my nerves  :)

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 05:46:54 pm »

This weather is doing my head in...not to mention my earnings >:(

Just when I'd gotten myself nicely up to date down it bloody comes day in day out.

Had 6 nice earners booked in for today....did 2...whoop-bloody-ee >:(

LWC

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 06:06:20 pm »
weather was horrendous this morn in shropshire...went a did a inside of a house, then came out and all was fine

im training all my customers, i work through the rain! theyre fine about it

ok cleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 07:30:29 pm »
we are in berkshire we usually work in a drizly weather but we lost toomuch income since begginig of may due to very very bad weather

bumper

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 07:43:00 pm »
acorrding to some weather  experts we  are not going to have a summer, :( we had it in april

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 07:45:34 pm »
We had a few long showers today, and I wasn't able to start until gone 10am.

Still did a reasonable day in 3 hours or so though. ;D
God, works easy now.

This isn't a very wet spell.
I don't know what people are moaning about. I've known far worse, last November for a start.
I only got rained off on monday last week.
Every other day was dry and bright.

I'm fed up of old bags saying "terrible weather!" while I'm stood there in the sun in a t-shirt. ::)

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 09:08:51 pm »
We had a few long showers today, and I wasn't able to start until gone 10am.

Still did a reasonable day in 3 hours or so though. ;D
God, works easy now.

This isn't a very wet spell.
I don't know what people are moaning about. I've known far worse, last November for a start.
I only got rained off on monday last week.
Every other day was dry and bright.

I'm fed up of old bags saying "terrible weather!" while I'm stood there in the sun in a t-shirt. ::)

Been on time for the last 18 months, i work in the rain & my customers are fine with that.

It seems to me there are alot on here that should be called " Sunny WC Only"  ::)

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 09:30:43 pm »
Rained most of the day today but ended up earning £245 which was a result started late as it was raining and just thought cant have this "mortgage dont pay itself"  left the house at 8 first job at 9 had three detached houses in the same road then on to a a sparkle clean for a building firm all waterfed pole work so was all good and i was home by 2.30. wish everyday was as good
P&R Window Cleaning

Helen

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 11:27:00 am »
The weather hasn't been as good as it could be, but it is not continuously raining. We work through the rain, but stop with the extreme heavy downpours. Are you guys who say that you wait till it stops actually going out and sitting in your vehicle or waiting at home till it stops? Makes a difference! ;)

simon knight

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 01:10:05 pm »
The weather hasn't been as good as it could be, but it is not continuously raining. We work through the rain, but stop with the extreme heavy downpours. Are you guys who say that you wait till it stops actually going out and sitting in your vehicle or waiting at home till it stops? Makes a difference! ;)

I try not to go home if it starts raining because I find it really hard to get myself motivated to go out again as and when it stops. I tend to park up and find a cafe or a bookies.

I'm not saying I don't work in the rain...just that I won't start a job in the rain.

Highrise

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 04:46:06 pm »
get some young lad working for you and send him out in the bloody rain... And tell him your of to price some work up and you'll be back. YOUR THE BOSS  ;D
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

tacky

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 10:13:58 pm »
managed to work between heavy showers   tacky in gwent wales

david68

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 10:28:32 pm »
Because of bad weather. I offered my customers inside cleans instead, this was just to make the money still coming in.
It worked ok with around 85% going for it

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com