Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jeff Brimble

Re: New Pole comparison chart
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 06:34:00 pm »
I liked the pics that Ionics showed at the show between various makes showing the actual deviation at about 45 degrees the pics were simple to understand as you could see the difference between Manuf and make a very quick assesment. I think if you where able to do this Alex with the poles you have your new Super 2 would stand up head and shoulders above any of the competition. A picture is worth thousand words and a bit better than your chart.
The majority of suppliers seem to be complicating the issues all saying whose got the best, strongest etc.
My criteria is very very simple I want the lightest equipement available. Most are ignoring this aspect and muddying the waters by giving antiquated stock.....The criteria is simple  I demand  pole less than 1-2kg (approx)  whatever the height and a brush less than 200gm
I wont and dont, accept anything less. Anything else is second best.

I dont want heavy, I have seen the light  8)

*foxman

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 07:33:43 pm »
This is what I like a decent discussion on this Forum, they have all been a bit boring recently.
 :)

Very true, It's good to get your teeth into something! Great posts Alex and Phil.

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 08:12:56 pm »
one thing that annoys me is the height listed by pole suppliers like ****** as they claim heights which are normally incorrect or they put in very small writing with an operative.

rgds
stuart

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 02:11:12 pm »
To summarise then;
A window cleaning website has produced the  first ever 'independant'  scale of poles comparing weight and rigidity. This has been done using the simplest methods.

Shortly a window cleaning magazine will carry a similar giude, using similar methods.

Everyone agrees it's a good thing, and in broad terms if not in detail is supportive of one another.

Did I get that right?

JM123

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 05:34:25 pm »
uggh, i just couldn't be bothered reading through all the posts.  What i will say is (and remember I'm a supplier too), I reckon Alex has done a great job with the pole comparison - although I don't neccesarily agree with Alex all the time I really don't think he's too far off the mark here.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I