Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rogue Trader

Canvassing service
« on: June 21, 2007, 12:02:17 am »
What are your good and bad experiences of using a company or an individual to canvass work for you? ???

nat

Re: Canvassing service
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:24:10 am »
Good experience...they get you work!

Bad experience...Don't expect to hold on to it!!

;D

Only joking (well sort of) in my experience they will expand you but you need some good disposable money to achieve it, if your tight on cash do it yourself, if you ain't got time then its worth the money...just be careful.

niceandclean

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 12:37:40 am »
All good for me, no problems at all. Have done more than what is said on the tin. By the sound of all previous topics, i must be the only one!!

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 07:15:50 am »
I am about to test this type of service for myself.

I am about to employ the services of a relatively new company who seem to have it all in place and to be fair I have set them a tough target as well as financial restraints on both sides of the fence.

I will be able to give a better and more accurate feedback once we have the results.

I have seen and read about the work of others and if this company do what they say they will I am sure they will be very popular with us all and certainly raise the expectations and standards we all look to receive.

I will post more about them and their name etc. once things get going.

Regards,

Trevor
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

kiral1404

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 10:52:48 pm »
I assume your meeting with Mr Ferry went well.
I like him and having dealt with a Mr Bass i think the former is ironing out the problems the latters company had.
If you get my drift.

Darren

Majestic

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 02:02:30 pm »
A lad who works for me part time had a company canvas for him, he wanted x amount of work. They told him that it would take them x days to get it, so they came . In that time they could not get him the full  amount of work he wanted, and had to take what they had got him.
Now a couple of months later he has lost about £50/£60 of the work. He has tried to get in contact with them , and did in the end only to be told that they will send him the money for the work he has lost. But it has not arived  yet

Rogue Trader

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 12:34:55 am »
50/60 ... does not sound like much ??? how much work did they canvass in total and what area?

KarlJones

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 12:48:22 am »
If you haven't got the time to canvass them, then how are you going to find the time to clean them?

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Clear Vision

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 08:39:55 am »
Well I have a good idea on how to canvass work if your too busy cleaning all the time.

I plan to get a retired person to go out in his local town for a couple of hours a week. These are the type of people that you need. They are only too happy to get out of the house for a few hours.

They are also probably well known in the are which is a major help!

I don't know how or how much to pay them but I will work something out.

Majestic

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 08:43:19 am »
Matt99
He only wanted about £500 of work

nat

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 08:48:34 am »
Hey John Garnett, sorry for not mailing you back the other day but for some reason my email account won't send mail at the mo!!

Rogue Trader

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 09:34:28 pm »
 ;D

Rogue Trader

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 07:07:44 pm »
so no real bad experiences then ... other than the toerags who didnt replace cancelled work .... sounds promising

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 08:09:42 pm »
I was supposed to have canvasers going out for me this month doesnt look like there coming now though  ::).

Hopefully Trever will get on better with his guys, I think there are a good few of us that would use their services if they can be relied upon. 
Sussex by the sea

newbroom

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 09:00:21 pm »
 I have ongoing working relationship with Roundbuilders. In my opinion you would be hard pushed to beat their service.

The prices they get are good and they are not making unnecessary claims to the new clients. So far they have delivered on everything they said they would.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 12:02:24 am »
is this just a summer time thing or can you still employ canvassers in the winter?
can you canvass in the dark? :-\

niceandclean

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 10:35:20 am »
Yes thats not a problem. Only thing is you cant see how bad they are in the dark, thats where a 25% or 50% extra on the first clean comes in handy.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 05:55:54 pm »
are people not too jittery to open their doors after dark :'(

Londoner

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 06:49:18 pm »
My initial view of these sort of people was outright hostility. I thought they were scum because of the actions of someone round here about 20 years ago ( gosh was it really that long? ) who would canvass up a list of names, and sell it as a going concern in LOOT. The b@stard even included my name and address in one he sold.

None of the mugs he sold to made a go of it and when they gave up he would sell the same list to the next victim. His crooked dealings poisioned my view forever.

However, mainly due to this forum I am beginning to see the other side of it. Properly done and with the right approach they do have a place in this industry. As long as everyone understands the deal.