Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dg-cleaning

POLISH WORKERS
« on: June 18, 2007, 10:52:55 am »
Hi

Could anyone help me at all.

I am currently recruiting more staff for our military march out cleaning teams. I have had several enquries from polish girls. Just wondering are they just employed the same as British staff?Do I need to inform anyone in particular etc etc.We ask for drivers license,proof of address and ni number for our British staff.Would polish workers have NI numbers?Is this a dumb question?!
Also I take it with the new legislation they are ok to work in UK.How would you go about checking crb??? Some of the polish girls seem really nice and keen to work ,the only hurdle seems to be what the employment law is with polish staff.
It would be helpful if anyone employs polish staff or knows anything regarding this matter.
Thanks

Fox

Re: POLISH WORKERS
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 11:49:06 am »
When you are employing anyone from out side the UK you need proof that they can work here.  Just telling you they are from a certain country within the EU or a NI number is not enough.  You need a copy of their passport and if possible one other form of photo ID.

Go look at the dti.gov web site employment part it will give you more details.  Other than making sure that they are who they say, that they can work in the UK and that they either have an NI number or are in the process of getting one you would treat them the same as UK employees.

Make sure you do go through with the checks as you could land up with a big fine or even in prison for employing an illegal knowingly or just for not checking properly.

As for CRB checks you will need to apply to their previous country as well as this one for a full background check, can't really help on how to go about that though.

Fox

cleanandneat

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 12:38:04 pm »
You can employ them under the EU regulations as from 1 May 2004.However they should register themselves under the Home Office Working Registration Scheme. You will have a certificate from the Home Office which will cover you.If they don't do that the CRB could be tricky and expensive. NI numbers a must!
I employ foreigners (being myself one of them) a lot as I find them hard working and it is easy to sort out the paperwork if you know the rules.The Home Office website and also the Inland Revenue's should answer your questions.

Ildiko
Clean and Neat Service

dg-cleaning

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 12:55:36 pm »
thanks for the advice guys. so basically so long as I do the relevant checks which you explain then I'm covered. I mean all that you can do in any instance is check as much as possible.  :)

cleanandneat

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 06:48:05 pm »
Basically yes. they are allowed to work here,you are allowed to employ them. Take photocopies of any documents they can provide...passport,WRS certificate,tenancy agreement, bank statement..etc.
They are not criminals though!

dg-cleaning

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 06:52:59 pm »
no one said they where criminals?????

Samuel

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 07:45:47 pm »
I recently advertised for WORKERS that could POLISH  :D

dg-cleaning

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 07:50:13 pm »
Polish polishers....what a crackin' name!

cleanandneat

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 11:16:02 am »
Sorry about the criminals bit dg, I didn't mean to be offensive. I employ them as well. Really sorry,didn't want to be misunderstood.

Ildiko

paul bruce

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 12:06:33 pm »
How come all the East Europeans ( and good luck to them) manage to find work but big issue sellers dont?  ???

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 12:20:47 pm »
The big issue sellers have got jobs, they sell the big issue ;D ;D

BDCS

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 12:22:49 am »
I bought the last big issue and the bloke went home !!!!!!!!

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 12:43:31 pm »
You can`t knock big issue sellers at least they are doing something to dig them selves out of the hole they are in, I should think alot of them still just spend the money on cider and drugs, but at least they are earning it rather than robbing someone else.

Once my company is big enough and i`m rich enough i`m gonna buy a building I can use as a hostel so that I can offer housing and employment to such people, until they are on their feet.

paul bruce

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 01:51:29 pm »
No ones is knocking them. Just a simple fact if East Europeans can find "proper"
jobs why cant they.

tacky

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 10:33:13 pm »
dole money 50 quid plus . 8 cans larger 5.50  i just took my ladders up ashtip .

tacky

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 10:36:40 pm »
hi only me again i forgot to add .a polish worker showed me how to wfp .thanks andy in cardiff.for ur help

excelcrewe

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 09:04:29 am »
we had a contract with aletting agent to do his end of tenancy cleans and were suddenly dropped for no reason .we found out that polish workers had under cut us . we were doing for £10. per hour .