Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robbie14000

CHIP AND PIN
« on: June 30, 2007, 06:03:31 pm »
Hi, I am having a problem getting money in.
I do not go collecting anymore as far too busy.
I have a fortune outstanding.
Does any of you use chip and pin?
How much does it cost (charges) and is it worth it?
Thanks for yor help
Robbie- Clearshine

NWH

Re: CHIP AND PIN
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 06:32:50 pm »
You can rent the machines,i don`t know how much but i`ve heard it`s quiet expensive.

Majestic

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 07:01:56 pm »
A few options are
Use a SAE,
If you have a web site use Paypal
Let all customer know that you dont collect and to maintain your service you need to be paid regular, so if they are not in they could leave the money in a pre arranged place, or use SAE.
Use a debt collection agency, I think they only charge a couple of £ for there service .
Or if all else fails send in the heavys

pylofm

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 07:14:03 pm »
I am based here in Holland, where cheques are no more and chip and pin is it...I very rarely purchase anything with cash anymore....but as has already been said the machines are very expensive especially if using the mobile pos machines.

I would also imagine many people are not yet comfortable with it and I would think electronic doorstep transactions would make many customers run....

I personally have all my customers bar 6 pay via internet banking...and for the most part they all pay their bills on time...the same faces always show up as late payers...but that is normal I would imagine...

Internet banking for me is a boon...

Here in Holland when the customer makes a payment the name & address, postcode is shown...but I always ask that they reconfirm by putting their postcode and house number in the remarks field.

So far this has worked for me...

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 07:22:37 pm »
Unless your in some Trade Organization your looking at 30% per transaction and a monthly charge.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 09:37:06 pm »
You can rent them, go on nmtf website for details, but I don't think it's what you want. A website and payment facility would be cheaper.

If you don't have one already get an abbey business account and get people to pay in direct.

The only way chip and pin would help you would be if you went out collecting and you already said you don't. People would be stupid to give you thier details over the phone.

Many posts on here about payment slips,envelopes and internet banking.