Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Adviced needed
« on: June 30, 2007, 07:14:52 pm »
Hi Guy's

I have a 200gpd ro-system and was thinking about upgrading to a 300gpd
can I just add a membrane to it? to complete the upgrade and is it easy to do?

Also for any one who has one, (float vale) do these valve's switch the inlet water off, or do the just switch the booster pump off? If they just switch the booster pump off, I would have thought these were a waste of time and money?

Since having my booster pump I have to keep a constant eye on the thing to stop it before it overflows, can I buy a float valve to switch the water off and the power supply to the pump or do I need 2 seperate float valves?

Thanks for any help Guy's.

Chris Cottrell

Re: Adviced needed New
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 07:38:34 pm »
You can just add another membrane its quite simple and self explanatory i'm about to put another on mine in the next couple of months
As for the float valve I'm not sure how they work, I have one of the old RO Man pump boxes which incorporates pump & solenoid for shut off and turns every thing off when linked to an ordinary float valve
These are the DB's I think but only if you were lucky enough to get a good one as they,
I believe they had faults with more than 50% of them straight from the production line so are no longer available
Fingers crossed mine lasts a good few years yet

Chris

jeff1

Re: Adviced needed
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 07:47:23 pm »
Thanks for the advice on the membrane Chris, it looks like I'll have to design something myself regarding the float valves.

I hope yours lasts a long time for you.  ;)