Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jikwan

only 2 nervous breakdowns this week!
« on: June 29, 2007, 07:37:32 pm »
in and out of the house, in and out of the car   start a job- half finished
my mate is considering starting up a loony bin just for windowcleaners   they can be released when the weather is more predictable  anyone interested?
Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing

NWH

Re: only 2 nervous breakdowns this week!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:48:41 pm »
The weather seems to have gone back 2mths,it`s been like it for the last few years or so.The good thing is hopefully we`ll have another indian summer to look forward to,give it a few weeks and we`ll be moaning because it`s to hot the good weather has to come soon we havn`t had any yet.

jikwan

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 08:31:49 pm »
good point there
when its really hot its a real drag to work   i always feel like taking half a day off
hell, in this up and down weather i can accomplish a hell of a lot in the time i can actually do sthing   its not a drag at all

Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing

Llaaww

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 08:49:07 pm »
yeh! wet weather isn't all that easy.

they do say that after the second nervous breakdown things do get easier.

:-\
if it is dirty it is fair game

captain lard

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 12:21:58 am »
I got in my car to begin work and the heavens just opened up and a right deluge came down. I had to go into town to pay some cash into the bank so did that, came out of the bank and the sun was out. Thought right get cracking and got to my jobs and was cleaning like a bloody madmean when 3 and a half hours later I realised it wasnt going to rain again and we had a nice day. I was hungry and thirsty cos when I started I thought bet it rains in 30 mins or so and if it did I was going to shoot off for a bacon sarnie and a cup of tea and start again!
Am hoping its ok from Monday.

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 01:09:34 am »
The positive side of this rain is that my WFP speed has increased because of all this rain. More time off work because of the rain but just about keeping up with my schedule. I'm finding quicker ways and better shortcuts all the time with all this Bl**dy rain!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 05:46:25 am »
Went to get payment from a job I had done in the rain.(heavy).One bad run in the middle of each frame, no spots.

I noticed but customer didn't, the customer was happy. Why was it, dirt on the frame running down? the windows are newish and very clean.

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 06:22:01 am »
If its a run its definitely coming from the frame above. I don't know what its like where you are but here in London suburbs frames will collect an amazing amount of grime between cleans
Part of that is due to the design of the frames. The modern UPVC frames have that 45 degree shelf on the top of the frame that is perfect for muck to settle on. The 45 degree slope on the bottom edge collects big drips that just hang there threatening to run down the glass.