Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

Say hello
« on: June 28, 2007, 01:14:17 pm »
I was working away this morning as usual and saw a window cleaner that i didnt recognize so i gave a smile and a wave but nothing not even a small acknowledgement(spelling???) ok i thought must be me! >:(

A short while later theres another one same again nothing!
is it me??? ???

Just say hello it cost nothing!!! >:(
and us window cleaners like things that are cheap ;)

Next time you see a window cleaner say hello have a chat you might just make yourself a friend or at least a business contact

Rant over ;D

LSB

Re: Say hello
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 01:43:01 pm »
i have no problem acknowledging other w/c s,
but some wont look up , or just look miserable / annoyed that someone else is also working in the same area !
which considering i have been working here far longer than most of them seems strange!!

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 04:37:29 pm »
If I pass any window cleaner when I'm driving I will always give them a flash of the lights and a wave. Again If I drive past windows cleaners I will always give them a toot of the horn.

Most wave back.

Even if they dont I don't mind as at least I'm making the effort and that makes me feel good!

craig jwc

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 04:44:59 pm »
There's plenty like that round by me.

I still give them a wave or say hello ( got told to F- off again the other day), but i still give them a wave.

If they want to be like that then it don't worry me - i just have the satisfaction knowing it's winding them up ;D

Llaaww

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:27:27 pm »
hello ;)
if it is dirty it is fair game

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 09:36:44 pm »
As much as possible I stop and have a chat with any around here. It's always good to compare notes on customers and techniques.

dai

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 08:39:52 am »
Most of them talk to me, I even had one guy pull up and give me a right stripping down, saying I should double my prices.
The last time I had seen this guy , he was door knocking trying to get people to switch electric suppliers. He had never done a day trad as he's afraid of ladders.
Seriously though, is there anything that attracts a window cleaner more, than the rattle of aluminium ladders on his so called patch. Dai