Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spiceworld

Re: DO YOU WANT A LAUGH?!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 08:57:38 am »
Now who in their right mind would clean a house worth three quarters of a million pound plus for six quid?

I don't understand this type of w/c  :-\ (It's not just you) A window is a window, it doesn't matter if it's on a council house or as you put it  "a house worth three quarters of a million", it's still cleaned the same and takes the same amount of time. I use to love taking the big houses off you guys.

Richard

Londoner

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 09:15:36 am »
Actually Spiceworld I don't like doing the big houses because I find the customers are more difficult. However, when you are in business you are out to make money. Many window cleaners round here would have come in on that house at £20 or more. Its not a question of the value of the house, big houses have more windows. I went in cheap at £14. Thats the going rate round here for a 3 bed semi. Doing a double fronted house for £6 is just silly.

Malcal, Where are you? I know that some areas are very different from others but even in those areas worst affected by high unemployment and industrial blight there is a range of prices.

The old boys who just go on and on are everywhere. They are a traditional part of the industry and should be treated with respect but those prices make me cringe.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2007, 09:28:45 am »
Now who in their right mind would clean a house worth three quarters of a million pound plus for six quid?

I don't understand this type of w/c  :-\ (It's not just you) A window is a window, it doesn't matter if it's on a council house or as you put it  "a house worth three quarters of a million", it's still cleaned the same and takes the same amount of time. I use to love taking the big houses off you guys.

Richard

A house worth 3/4 million round here (posh part of Bristol) would be "typically" a large 6 bed extended 1930's detached, several large bay windows and with a conservatory. (Or a 3 floor big farmhouse with land in an outlying village.) The sort of place I would be looking at £30 a pop for. Maybe in West London it would be a three bed semi that I would charge £10 for.

And Richard, in Dai's £200 a day thread you've already said you're happy with £200-£250 a week, only work half to one hour a day and don't have a huge mortgage. Just because you're coasting and happy to take lower money doesn't mean that others can.

You also said that when you were younger you did 19/20 hr days and that you liked taking big houses off window cleaners cheaply. Maybe that's why you had to work 19/20 hour days - because you underpriced?
It's a game of three halves!

Spiceworld

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2007, 10:26:18 am »
Hi

You all need to read my post again.

I don't do any work cheaper than the next guy, and i have NEVER undercut another w/c to get a job.

All i'm saying is ie: if 2 houses have the same amount of windows, one being worth £150000 and the other £300000 and you charge a set amount a window, then it doesn't/shouldn't cost more to clean either house.

In the past i have cleaned for the likes of Paul McCartney, Spike Milligan, Pet Shop Boys, Prince/Princess of Russia etc etc, but i wouldn't dream of ripping them off just because of who they are. Like i said a window is a window. That was my point, NOT that i was undercutting any new w/c's because i don't need the money. I still have bills to pay.

The reason i only work average an hour a day is because i've kept my round trimmed down and kept the best of it over 21yrs with decent price increases, not by underpricing.

So Vince i wasn't having a go at your prices, you have to admit you didn't mention how many windows were involved so who knows if it was expensive.

Richard

NWH

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2007, 10:46:47 am »
Spiceworld what`s your company name,i`m in bexhill.

Spiceworld

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 10:50:04 am »
Hi

It's Speedclean, but i don't use it anymore.

Richard

NWH

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2007, 11:03:11 am »
Do you know wayne  who lives along bexhill road.

Spiceworld

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2007, 11:12:18 am »
No, i only know most by sight, as i'm usually out and back home before most.

Is he the one by the tip entrance or further along towards Bexhill.

Richard

NWH

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2007, 11:22:30 am »
LOL no that`s justin with the red van,that van looks like it needs taking to the tip.Wayne is the house just back from there with the white connect van and trailer next to it next to the second hand car dealer.I take it your WFP.

Spiceworld

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2007, 12:03:36 pm »
Yes i seen him around but don't know him. No i'm not WFP YET!!! Still thinking about taking the plunge or not. Still can't decide, but i do want to up my round a bit as my youngest is now full time at school. Either that or i'm thinking of going with a few other w/c's if the price is right  ;)

What car/van have you got? Company name?

Richard

NWH

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 06:37:15 pm »
connect but no signs on yet as i havn`t had it long,if you want a demo let me know.

Spiceworld

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2007, 12:09:13 am »
Yeah that would be good. I'm around in Bexhill and Little Common on Monday if you wouldn't mind giving me a demo.

Cheers Richard

macmac

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2007, 12:14:03 am »
It depends on your circumstances. If you live in an area of high unemployment, are over 50, have angina and only qualifications/skills in a dying industry, then 4 shop fronts an hour at £2 is a lot better than contribution based JSA. I live in a 4 bedroomed detached house the WC, who does the estate charges £3.25 or £4.25 with a conservatory.

Malcal
Where abouts do you clean in northumberland? I hope this guy isn't near me, i'd charge 3 x what he does :o

tony