Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

New safety Device New
« on: June 25, 2007, 02:18:13 pm »
Although I am now wfp, I still on occasions have to use my ladders for access to the odd flat roof of old and loyal customers,  I do have the old style stable leg but they were looking a bit tired and missing a rubber foot. 

I am now the proud owner  of the new improved Ladder limpet that was on one of the threads last week.  A couple of days delivery time and there here.
I did notice one of the new improvements was on the support pins, on my old ones they could fully rotate,  but on the new ones  they have two locking positions, were each support pin can be adjusted  by rotating 90 degrees to fit any combination of ladders from 60mm-78mm width stiles.

I opened the box to find a good comprehensive instruction leaflet and brochure
the instruction manual was an easy to follow picture guide,  the brochure was letting you know some of the uses you can use the limpet for, with a short list of Do's & Dont's on safety tips for ladder users.

Like I said in one of my replies on the Laddatec ltd post, It takes longer to read the instructions than it does to set them up, well it took me 3 minutes to set them up for my own ladder so maybe about the same time.

Once they were set up I tried to time myself for the fitting and removal of the laddalimpet and to be honest you can't get a correct time, because of the speed you can fit and remove them.

as you can see by one of the photo's, my garden is on a very slight slope (the right limpet slightly higher than the left) and trying to climb on the shed roof to make emergency repairs, would have been a little difficult if not dangerous on sloping wet grass.

So all in all guy's I would not hesitate in recommending the New Ladderlimpet
Have a look here http://www.laddatec.com/ and before anyone asks, No I'm not a  sales rep, I'm still a W/C

Jeff Brimble

Re: New safety Device
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 03:11:38 pm »
Also stops the ladder slipping backwards on slippy slimey  wet floors. Most of the time I just used one.