Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jeff Brimble

Re: lightest brush
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 12:57:10 pm »
The Hozelock plastic jets help you decide what flow jet size you need, they are very simple to drill out. Then once you know the drill bit size you like you can use a "goof"( forget who suggested them but thanks ! ) plug to semi-permanately fit into the hose.

john tomkins

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 02:14:03 pm »
You will still have to buy the jets though, I don't think Dave mentioned those did he?   
So you will have to send off for those ;D Unless they sell them at aquarium shops??

Of course you won't, they will already be in the brush you have worn out.....
unless you've worn the jets out as well :o

Ian_Giles

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 02:34:44 pm »
You will still have to buy the jets though, I don't think Dave mentioned those did he?   
So you will have to send off for those ;D Unless they sell them at aquarium shops??

Of course you won't, they will already be in the brush you have worn out.....
unless you've worn the jets out as well :o

Good point :-\ ...........unless they are glued or stuck in ;D

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Count Phil

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 05:59:25 pm »
My gardiners jets have featured in several of my brushes....

If you do make one yourself, the other tesco brushes are only 1.49.
I like to turn them into a duo-trim by cutting the inner bristles short. That makes them better at scrubbing and the long bits get into all the frames and recesses.

Two holes, stick jets in, five minutes 1.49. Bargain. keep several spare. Have that 'new brush' feel every week! Thats what I do for the fishing pole.

I might try to stick my tucker brush on one of these days, as it knocks every other brush into a whatsit.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 06:10:29 pm »
Hi Guys,

The jets are only pushed in (not glued) so they are easy to push out and re-fit onto another brush if you want to. They are metal because they last longer, we originally used plastic ones as did several other suppliers but we found that a careless knock could on the odd occasion shear the jet off at the back of the brush. The metal jets are still very light and much tougher.

Hi John Tomkins,
I checked on our website and you are right the website charges £5 delivery on the brush, unfortunately this has been a victim of a rather complicated shipping-charging module on the website which has it's limitations. I have now changed this so that postage for a Bentley brush is only £2.00 and 2 Bentley brushes are £3.00. Sounds a bit more reasonable to me.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 08:36:03 pm »
I'd rather save myself that job and pay double to be honest.

Squeeks,

I'm a lazy sod too and am tempted to try one of Gardeners ready made ones.  But, as others have said, check your maths ??? Gardeners would turn out to be around £20 thats 3 - 4 times the cost of making them :o

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

MNWC

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 09:12:02 pm »

Not surpprised someone is selling the cheap as chips on E Bay ::)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest