Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy@w.c.s

Your thoughts and expert advice please
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:41:57 pm »
Hi all
For a long time i have been thinking of trying to save the waste water from my ro,
I now have a unit and was thinking ( please bear with me hear )
If i was to save the waste from the ro into a ibc tank and then buy a second ro something like a cheep Merlin and a small pump to recycle the waste i could get more pure water from the waste at a small cost
I currently have a tds of 65 going in to the first ro this is making the waste out at 114
Having had a water bill of over 500 pounds for the last six months ,for the small outlay i think i could over a year or so save quite a bit
my other thought is if i was to then save the waste again from the second ro,
 I could use this to clean back the vans at the end of the week and also use it to clean out the gutter and fascias  with a pressure washing lance ,
with a small ajustment in the back of the van i could take the waste water to the customers house in the tank on board this would save all the hassle of hose from the customers house and look alot more proffesional
Any thought on this would be a great help
even if you think i am talking out of my a..

Andy

Re: Your thoughts and expert advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 08:50:11 pm »
My tap water going in is 330 just lately, up from 270. So if you are 114 on exit waste what are you sliping and sliding about.
I have been using rainwater into my booster pump just off gravity, this works but it's not great, probably another pump to get the water there at pressure would help.

steve k

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 09:17:26 pm »
are you sure that is your waste reading...mine goes into the thousands.
My TDS going in is 280 or so...out of RO at 10 or so.

Chris Cottrell

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 09:35:58 pm »
Hi Chris
I ve got a 40/40 from sureclean systems
had it about a year now and had to do nothing to it other than change the pre filters and back wash it for about 15 mins a week
we use about 900 ltrs a day between two vans
that why i don't want to put the waste through it ,its bee brilliant

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 09:09:19 am »
Get another RO and put it in the waste line. That way you get a second bite.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 09:33:38 am »
This is how i see it and its just my opinion.

you say your water bill for the last 6 months was £500 ?

That equates to £83.33 per month or £20.83 per week not forgetting as your running your business from home you can take a proportion of your water bill and put it against your  overheads.

Also for having to mess about and buy other ro,s and pumps i cant see how it can be more cost effective in the long term?

I used to have a 700ltr water tucker tank when i first started and now have a 400ltr with varistream,and microbore.

I use a merlin for my ro as after the experience i have gained over the last 4 years i dont need nothing bigger as it does the job it needs to.

I clean a block of flats (70) IN A BLOCK WITH A 400LTR TANK AND I USED TO DO THE SAME WITH A 700LTR TANK but now with microbore and varistream i can do the same

Now if you were to get only residential houses and have a £10 flat charge and you do only 10 per day 5 days a week you will turn over minimum of £500 so over the same period of your water costs  6 months you would have turned over £12,000 minimum.

So why would you want to or need to save a couple of hundred pounds when your turnover is higher and would be even more with the time you save by not having to put your waste etc through more systems ?

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 02:34:59 pm »
Why not recycle the waste on the same ro system, that's what I do.  Waste goes to a splitter valve, one end to waste or storage for your van and the other end to the ro again.  Cheaper than another ro system.

Simon.

vwm

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 03:12:35 pm »
am thinking will this work.  fill ibc tank with tap water and pump into ro unit, collect the ro water in a separate ibc tank and have the waste going back into the first ibc tank this way there is no waste going down drain.

its only an idea but would it work

KarlJones

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 02:20:55 am »
to help me work through the maths of this, as a bit of a newbie to RO stuff.

How much waste is there?
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.