Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy@w.c.s

Your thoughts and expert advice please
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:48:29 pm »
Hi all
For a long time i have been thinking of trying to save the waste water from my ro,
I now have a unit and was thinking ( please beer with me hear )
If i was to save the waste from the ro into a ibc tank and then buy a second ro something like a cheep merlin and a small pump to recycle the waste i could get more pure water from the waste at a small cost.
I currently have a tds of 65 going in to the first ro this is making the waste out at 114
Having had a water bill of over 500 pounds for the last six months ,for the small outlay i think i could over a year or so save quite a bit
my other thought is if i was to then save the waste again from the second ro,
 I could use this to clean back the vans at the end of the week and also use it to clean out  gutters and fascias ,
Your thought and suggestions
thanks guys
Andy

need a cleaner

Re: Your thoughts and expert advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 02:47:16 pm »
it does seem like a good ideia, specialy taken i consideration that your wast TDS is still less than half of my tap TDS (280/290) ;)

vwm

Re: Your thoughts and expert advice please
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 03:05:18 pm »
andy have you claimed non return to sewerage rebate cus if on a meter they give everyone 5% but i informed them what i do and they have given me 50%

works out 25%off total bill worth inquiring about

also is that including your house hold as well (average 28x6=£168)

i use 350 on average aday and got a merlin in 6mths have used 150 cubic metres of water and with 50% off sewerage charge total bill £321.89.

as a household on average going back though bills we use 85c/m so to me my water bill isnt high