Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

FAO Alex Gardiner
« on: June 23, 2007, 12:31:56 am »
Hi Alex
Wonder if you could shed some light on this.
I have two vikan rectangular brushes (flocked). one purchased from gardiners & one from wintecs. They look very similar but are completley different in use. the one from gardiners is perfect, the one from wintecs is way, way too soft, as soon as it hits the glass it just splays all over the place with no pressure at all.
So, are there different brisstle standards available from vikan or could it be a manufacturing defect?

Thanks
tony

JohnL

Re: FAO Alex Gardiner
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 08:55:20 am »
Could be the softer one is from old stock. I say this because I have an old Vikan, not used a lot but it is so soft its more like a shaving brush - remember those  :)

A later version I have is firmer but excellent!
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 08:45:17 pm »
Hi Macmac,

Vikan do supply all of their brushes with different grades of bristles (soft, medium, firm) although all Vikan bristles err on the side of softness due to their car washing heritage. I would imagine that somehow the Wintecs one is from a soft grade batch. I think from memory (I will have to look it up on our order sheets) that we get the rectangular ones in with medium bristle.

macmac

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 12:11:23 pm »
Thanks Alex.
I certainly dont want another soft one so if you could confirm that you do indeed only order medium bristles i'll know i'm safe to shop. ;)
Also Alex, do the new mono's have a choice of stiffness?
cheers

tony

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 06:17:34 pm »
Macmac,

We always order the same grade for every batch. The Mono-Filaments only come with one choice of bristle.