Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

Colloid cleaners
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:02:46 am »
On another forum someone is going on how using these type of cleaners the carpet dries quicker than using traditional m/s.The supplier in earlier posts suggested that colloid cleaners need to be sprayed more heavily so surely the carpet would be wetter?Then in another he says that heavy pre spraying of colloid cleaners is not needed.

Do colloid cleaners not work on the principal of more wetting agent the better?

John Kelly

Re: Colloid cleaners
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
Colloidal cleaners have to be sprayed at a rate where the carpet fibres become wet. Might seem obvious, but what I mean is it is no good just misting the surface. The water component is an important part of the process and there needs to be enough of it to enable the cleaning agent to "pull" the dirt into the water. In view of this I can't see how using this method can make the carpet dry faster. That is a benefit that has never been claimed and to me is against common sense.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 01:56:04 pm »
If the pre-spray does more work like colloids do and frees more dirt then you need less wand passes for flushing which is the main factor for dry times, so quicker dry times, thats how I read it. For me dry times are about the same regardless of pre-spray used.

PaulKing

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 04:36:41 pm »
steve your icon has me hypnotised!

:)
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 08:16:30 am »
If the pre-spray does more work like colloids do and frees more dirt then you need less wand passes for flushing which is the main factor for dry times, so quicker dry times, thats how I read it. For me dry times are about the same regardless of pre-spray used.

Mark that's what I was getting at regardless of which pre-spray is used drying times are the same.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 04:35:20 pm »
Steve,

This is one of those back to the science basics.

Assuming equal humidity and temperature,  then the only two things which are going to affect drying times are the amount of water you put down and the amount you remove.

Any difference between presprays would be insignificant.

Cheers

Doug

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 04:46:59 pm »
The key to it as I see it is, its the amount of dirt that is removed from the fibres that lets the carpet try quicker.
Clean carpet dry's far quicker than dirty carpet because mud takes forever to dry!
A bit like when you step out of the shower after washing your hair (for those of us who still have it) your hair dry's faster than if you have been out in the rain so to speak.
 Washing your hair removes all the dirt and grease unlike the rain that just wets it.
So to me any type of chemical will result in dryer carpets provided it is used correctly.