Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

moc

Mechanical question!
« on: June 04, 2007, 04:01:14 pm »
I have a Steameasy 400 and the pump is no longer working. I was doing a job and the machine tripped a switch and now the pump isnt working, nothing happens at all when button is switched on. The vac is working. The pump did act a bit dodgy a few times recently. My question is can I safely assume that the pump is gone, before I go and buy another one, or could it be some other electrical problem? I dont want to be putting a new pump in & it still not working!
Thanks

garyfindlay

Re: Mechanical question!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 04:06:44 pm »
measure across the pump for 240v,  when switched on with a meter. no 240v then problem is before pump, internal fuse, dodgy switch etc. you could also put 240v directly onto the pump terminals if you are electrically qualified!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 04:34:26 pm »
All the above sounds fine , if the water pump is an on demand type check that the switch in the head of the pump has not burnt out. (very common in this kind of pump)
If its the small switch that has gone you can get then from maplins for around 99p

If you have sucked 16 swimming pools though your pump you may find the brushess have worn out

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 05:42:49 pm »
If it is the standard type of 100-135 non induction motor then Dave is probably right, the brushes have worn out, you mention that the pump was a bit dodgey lately. The brushes are not making contact properly.  It is relatively simple to replace the bell-end complete with brushes at about £25-£30 cost of parts. The carbon needs blowing out of the armature as this can trip the earth leakage.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.