Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

j.v. price ltd

MEWP SAFETY
« on: April 24, 2007, 01:42:16 pm »
Please have a look at the attached items and if using a MEWP always wear a harness

*thomas james

Re: MEWP SAFETY
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 04:26:49 pm »
Jv i am thinking of going for my IPAF and contacted a few IPAF training sites by email, but no reply back

I was wondering from their list of courses, could you advice which courses i would need to carry out to offer this service in window cleaning and related services like cladding cleaning

any advice appreciated thanks

thomasjames

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 05:51:40 pm »
with all types of MEWPS you will need to have done a IPAF harness awareness course and then depending on the type of MEWP your going to use will depend on the coures to take as they are all different.

The basics start with SL (sizzor lift) & SPB (self propelled boom)

After this you get into VMP (vehicle mounted platform) 26m & 100m

If you call one of the training centres they will steer you in the right direction or when it comes to needing the equipment for a job and a higher firm come out to do a survey get them to arrange the course that will cover the machine you will need, good way of making the jobs pay for the training as they all want you to have it but don't like to pay for it.

Hope this help we will be setting up a training centre but not till the end of the year.

Charlie Price

*thomas james

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 06:30:42 pm »
charlie thanks

Majestic

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 06:58:59 pm »
I did a search on the IPAF web site and found a company near to me that did a course . I booked to go on it , and found out that it was run by Nationwide . All the people on the course had not booked direct with Nationwide but had ended up on there course.
I use these
http://www.a4access.com/
There machines come with a driver who is also a window cleaner and very helpfull.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 07:29:42 pm »
They are very well priced and if the guy window cleans as well i think i will give them a call on some jobs.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 10:42:19 pm »
please have a look at this and take note.......