Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paulstevens

First Conservatory clean
« on: April 25, 2007, 05:17:25 pm »
hi all just done my first conservatory clean today i was well impressed how much more shiney it comes up using TFR i did 1 section with TFR and  1 without it looks like new. i will definately be using TFR for all future cleans.

does anyone know where  i can get a spray bottle with a lance on it i think hozelock make them any help please
regards
Paul

Jet Cleanse Ltd

Re: First Conservatory clean
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 05:21:29 pm »
Paul,
Might not be the cheapest but most garden centres and B&Q seem to stock them although you can get cheaper on ebay, but I do not know what quality they are.

Arran

Jet Cleanse Ltd

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 05:22:35 pm »
sorry paul forgot to ask do you use a proper conservatory ladder to do the work and if so what sort of price would i be looking at?
Thanks

paulstevens

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 05:25:57 pm »
Hi Jet Cleanse i just used my normal ladders used ettore pole which entendeds to 3.5M and put an old applicator on it but i applied TFR on it about 5 mins before i started scrubbing. came up brilliant.
whats the real name for the spray thing so i can do a search.
regards
Paul

Jet Cleanse Ltd

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 05:30:47 pm »
Paul,
I just searched on Hozelock pressure spray but i think they are about £20 for a 5litre sprayer, you can get ones at local garden centres for about £10 but they are no Hozelock although my cheap one has worked fine for the last six months.
The reason I ask is my neighbours have asked about cleaning theres and I am just working out if I can be bothered with getting all the stuff needed? is it worth it?
Arran

paulstevens

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 05:35:37 pm »
hi  thanks for the info Arran it is definately worth doing apply a layer of TFR first leave for about 5-10 mins then it just basically loosens all the dirt off. the 1 i done today was a sort of dome shape with fiddly bits took me 45 mins and charged £30. could have charged more but they are an old couple and i felt sorry for them. i know im soft  :)

qwert

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 05:39:01 pm »
Was that just roof at £30 or sides as well.

ta

paulstevens

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 05:40:12 pm »
hi there it was just for the roof
regards
Paul

Jet Cleanse Ltd

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 05:59:26 pm »
Paul,
What tfr do you use, i currently use commercial vehicle cleaner for a lot of my work so probably not suited to conservatory work?

Question to anybody: These ladders that you can use to clean the roof what weight can you put on a conservatory roof? as I would be a little worried that the roof wont need cleaning when I've gone through it, dont get me wrong im only 16st but they dont look to strong!!

Arran

need a cleaner

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 06:01:52 pm »
do you wet the con b4 you aply the TFR or you just aply it on the dry con??

paulstevens

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 06:06:07 pm »
hi all this is where i got my tfr from
http://www.wheelygoodstuff.co.uk/cleaning.htm
it's good because it's NON-CAUSTIC
also i just applied the tfr to the dry surface.
regards
Paul
P.S just brought a new pressure sprayer for £13 off ebay thanks Jet Cleanse

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 08:35:57 pm »

I always wet first, it also takes any heat out the roof.

john tomkins

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 09:59:55 pm »

No otherwise you are just diluting it again.

john meehan

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 06:47:58 am »
hi what about the soffits can you apply tfr to those also

john tomkins

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 02:03:59 pm »
Yes, spray it on anything pvc ;D

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 03:08:14 pm »
what i find best is a hard surface cleaner called "powerfull" i don't think they had a very good design team, but it does cut through anything, and when i mean anything i do mean anything, will stain the glass if left on too long, but all you need to do is spray and scrub with the brush, ive found it gets anything off and you don't need to work hard,

but with any chemical always wear a protective glove, a thick one, otherwise your hands dry out and doesn't fee too good when your hands start to crack up.

macmac

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 06:06:35 pm »
can tfr be used on wooden-painted conservatories?

tony

john tomkins

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 08:21:39 pm »
what i find best is a hard surface cleaner called "powerfull" i don't think they had a very good design team, but it does cut through anything, and when i mean anything i do mean anything, will stain the glass if left on too long, but all you need to do is spray and scrub with the brush, ive found it gets anything off and you don't need to work hard,

but with any chemical always wear a protective glove, a thick one, otherwise your hands dry out and doesn't fee too good when your hands start to crack up.
Hydrochloric acid will do the same thing ;D
But seriously, I think you are going overboard if you need to use chemicals that strong ???
TFR is more than adequate